30082, Jetty Lane, Broughty Ferry

  • Edmund Raphael
    May 24 9:07 AM
      Good afternoon.

      I wonder if any member may have a postcard or p, perhaps, a photograph of number 2, Jetty Lane, Broughty Ferry, which, with its neighbours, 127-131, Fisher Street, sixty years ago (1953). This information I have from our indispensable, Dundee City Archives.

      2, Jetty Lane was sited on the east side of that street, opposite the "Ship Inn" to the west and the Lifeboat shed, to the south, but protruded into Fisher Street, thus narrowing that thoroughfare. It was a fairly substantial, two story building with attic dormer(s).

      Ancestors lived there but I am unsure if these were Brymer's, as I had long thought. I am unable to trace the address through the old, Post Office directories, certainly up until 1856, when my great grandmother erected a gravestone in memory of her husband and children.

      Edmund Raphael