2264Re: sacks printing machine D.J. MacDonald (Dundee) .

  • Grant E. L. Buttars
    Jan 3, 2006
      Dear Bernard,

      This will most likely be DJ Macdonald Ltd, textile machinery
      manufacturers and mill furnishers.

      Records are with Dundee University Archives, consisting of:
      "Company files 1964-1985 [microfiche from Companies Registration
      Office, Edinburgh], personnel records 1892-1984, drawing office
      indices c.1920s, stock books 1956-1989, job books/order books 1894-
      1986, costing records, part lists, instructions 1861-1984,
      miscellaneous papers, samples and memorabilia c.1920s-c.1930s,
      family papers 1884-c.1933, photographs 1892-c.1933 [139], plans and
      drawings c.1893-1962 [175]."
      See http://www.dundee.ac.uk/archives/s-ms093.htm#m93

      The ledgers and political papers of D J Macdonald, covering 1883-
      1934, are listed as prrivate records by the National Register of
      Archives for Scotland (Enquiries to National Register of Archives
      for Scotland, HM General Register House, Edinburgh, EH1 3YY,

      Grant Buttars
      --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "sebilleb" <sebilleb@c...>
      > Hello.
      > I seek information in connection with machines D.J. MacDonald (of
      > Dundee) to print the paper bags.
      > The machine which interests me precisely finds with the address:
      > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/derelicta/sa4.htm
      > See also in photo file: MacDonald-machine
      > Best regards,
      > Bernard
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic