2216Re: Lord Roberts Memorial Workshop

  • Grant E. L. Buttars
    May 1 12:05 PM
      Jim,

      It was my great uncle, Dave Buttars, who was the dentist. His
      pracice was at the east corner of the Hilltown & Victoria Rd.

      Lord Roberts were at the bottom of Scott Street until the late 1980s
      when they mergged with Blindcraft to form Dovetail Enterprises,
      which are still very much on the go with modern premises in
      Dunsinane Industrial Estate. I don't know who Lord Roberts was but
      the workshops were established in the late 1890s. I believe The
      Brush Factory in Edinburhgh is the last to bear the Lord Roberts
      name.

      Regards,

      Grant

      --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Campbell"
      <jaynjay_2000@y...> wrote:
      > Not far from your dad's Dental Practice, Grant, right on that bend
      in
      > the Road (?victoria?) there used to be a shopfront called the Lord
      > Roberts Memorial Workshop. I think that they employed disabled ex-
      > servicemen.
      > Who was Lord Roberts? What became of the enterprise?
      > Jim Campbell
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic