2097Re: Lochee St. names.

  • Jock Laidlaw
    Dec 7, 2004
      --- In dundee-history@yahoogroups.com, John G Duffus
      <jackieduffus@b...> wrote:
      > Hi Jock,
      >
      > It is actually Archibald's Lane and it ran south from the Liff Road
      > round about Anderson's Lane (I'll be corrected if I'm wrong), but
      > definitely that end of the Liff Road. Lairds land as you probably
      know was
      > in Archibald's Lane.
      >
      > John
      >
      > Hi Jackie,
      Just wondered then if Anderson's Lane was in fact Archibalds Lane.
      It was lane I meant to say in the first place. Wondered then if
      Laird's Land was round about the top of Kerr St. and end of Lorne St.
      where Lairdie the coal merchant had his house and business.
      I remember you from way back in Quarryknowe. I married Cath Burke
      from #3.(Jim's sister)
      Cheers, Jock.