4 months!!

  • mandolyn83
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
      We're getting closer! Soon, it will be October and we'll be renewing
      our accounts and preparing our poor fingers and brains for the
      marathon in November. Not to mention stuffing our fridges and freezers
      with food to last the entire month without us moving much. ;)

      Another call has gone out for a meetup! I'm looking at holding one on
      the 20th of August, at the (new!) cafe in the Borders in Sterling.
      They've added more plugs since the renovation so bring your laptops!
      Now we just need a time....

      I'd also like to schedule two more meets in September, probably around
      the 10th and the 24th before going to weekly meets in October and *at
      least* twice a week in November. Please, everyone, respond with good
      times and dates so we can get this all scheduled and maybe even put up
      on the nifty calendar they give us here. :)

      I look forward to meeting with you all again and getting back into the
      habit of writing!

      Diana/SD42
    • Alexandra Brier
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
        Eveings are better for me, earlier evening is depending on the husband being
        able to watch the little one, later evening and I'm good to go.

        So we have half of August, all of sept and all of October before NANO ...
        yikes. My poor fingers haven't gotten OUT of shape since last november so I
        am good to go, some time in october i'll get my plot and all ready ;)

        I thought I would add a reading recomendations right now though.

        Orson Scott Card's Character's and Viewpoints.

        Awesome book, and it made alot of ideas more solid in my head which had lead
        to A LOT of writing since NANO last year.

        ~Alex

        >From: "mandolyn83" <mandolyn83@...>
        >To: dulles_nanowrimo@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [dulles_nanowrimo] 4 months!!
        >Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:52:47 -0000
        >
        >We're getting closer! Soon, it will be October and we'll be renewing
        >our accounts and preparing our poor fingers and brains for the
        >marathon in November. Not to mention stuffing our fridges and freezers
        >with food to last the entire month without us moving much. ;)
        >
        >Another call has gone out for a meetup! I'm looking at holding one on
        >the 20th of August, at the (new!) cafe in the Borders in Sterling.
        >They've added more plugs since the renovation so bring your laptops!
        >Now we just need a time....
        >
        >I'd also like to schedule two more meets in September, probably around
        >the 10th and the 24th before going to weekly meets in October and *at
        >least* twice a week in November. Please, everyone, respond with good
        >times and dates so we can get this all scheduled and maybe even put up
        >on the nifty calendar they give us here. :)
        >
        >I look forward to meeting with you all again and getting back into the
        >habit of writing!
        >
        >Diana/SD42

      • Rebecca
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
          I can do weekend afternoons and weekday evenings provided I'm on my
          way home at 8:30. Any time on the 20th works for me, too (after all,
          I got a coupon in the mail for use at the new cafe... whee).

          Happy to bring chocolate-type-stuff, too. I always have too much of
          that.

          -Rebecca

          --- In dulles_nanowrimo@yahoogroups.com, "mandolyn83"
          <mandolyn83@...> wrote:

          > We're getting closer! Soon, it will be October and we'll be
          renewing
          > our accounts and preparing our poor fingers and brains for the
          > marathon in November. Not to mention stuffing our fridges and
          freezers
          > with food to last the entire month without us moving much. ;)
          >
          > Another call has gone out for a meetup! I'm looking at holding one
          on
          > the 20th of August, at the (new!) cafe in the Borders in Sterling.
          > They've added more plugs since the renovation so bring your
          laptops!
          > Now we just need a time....
          >
          > I'd also like to schedule two more meets in September, probably
          around
          > the 10th and the 24th before going to weekly meets in October and
          *at
          > least* twice a week in November. Please, everyone, respond with
          good
          > times and dates so we can get this all scheduled and maybe even
          put up
          > on the nifty calendar they give us here. :)
          >
          > I look forward to meeting with you all again and getting back into
          the
          > habit of writing!
          >
          > Diana/SD42

        • mandolyn83
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 16, 2006
            How late is late evening, Alex? I'd like to get as many people there
            as possible :)

            And chocolate would be lovely!

            --- In dulles_nanowrimo@yahoogroups.com, "Alexandra Brier"
            <alexandra_Brier@...> wrote:

            > Eveings are better for me, earlier evening is depending on the
            husband being
            > able to watch the little one, later evening and I'm good to go.
            >
            > So we have half of August, all of sept and all of October before
            NANO ...
            > yikes. My poor fingers haven't gotten OUT of shape since last
            november so I
            > am good to go, some time in october i'll get my plot and all ready ;)
            >
            > I thought I would add a reading recomendations right now though.
            >
            > Orson Scott Card's Character's and Viewpoints.
            >
            > Awesome book, and it made alot of ideas more solid in my head which
            had lead
            > to A LOT of writing since NANO last year.
            >
            > ~Alex
            >
            > >From: "mandolyn83" <mandolyn83@...>
            > >To: dulles_nanowrimo@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [dulles_nanowrimo] 4 months!!
            > >Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:52:47 -0000
            > >
            > >We're getting closer! Soon, it will be October and we'll be renewing
            > >our accounts and preparing our poor fingers and brains for the
            > >marathon in November. Not to mention stuffing our fridges and freezers
            > >with food to last the entire month without us moving much. ;)
            > >
            > >Another call has gone out for a meetup! I'm looking at holding one on
            > >the 20th of August, at the (new!) cafe in the Borders in Sterling.
            > >They've added more plugs since the renovation so bring your laptops!
            > >Now we just need a time....
            > >
            > >I'd also like to schedule two more meets in September, probably around
            > >the 10th and the 24th before going to weekly meets in October and *at
            > >least* twice a week in November. Please, everyone, respond with good
            > >times and dates so we can get this all scheduled and maybe even put up
            > >on the nifty calendar they give us here. :)
            > >
            > >I look forward to meeting with you all again and getting back into the
            > >habit of writing!
            > >
            > >Diana/SD42

          • mandolyn83
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 19, 2006
              Ok guys, the write-in is supposed to be tomorrow, but we don't have a
              time yet! I'm gonna make an executive decision and say 5-7pm at the
              Borders in Sterling (on rt 7). :P If that doesn't work for people, we
              can go later or earlier, just let us know!
            • Alexandra Brier
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 19, 2006
                I should be able to make it. I will at least stop by.

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 19, 2006
                  I can be there at 6 and can stay 'til 8... does that work? Sorry I
                  can't do earlier, I'm in charge of dinner tomorrow. :(

                  wrote:

                  > Ok guys, the write-in is supposed to be tomorrow, but we don't have a
                  > time yet! I'm gonna make an executive decision and say 5-7pm at the
                  > Borders in Sterling (on rt 7). :P If that doesn't work for people, we
                  > can go later or earlier, just let us know!

                • Diana Nielsen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 19, 2006
                    I can do any time :) 6-8 works fine for me. I just
                    want to be home by 9 though. ;)

                    --- Rebecca <rlgow@...> wrote:

                    > I can be there at 6 and can stay 'til 8... does that
                    > work? Sorry I
                    > can't do earlier, I'm in charge of dinner tomorrow.
                    > :(
                    >
                    > Rebecca
                    >
                    > --- In dulles_nanowrimo@yahoogroups.com,
                    > "mandolyn83" <mandolyn83@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Ok guys, the write-in is supposed to be tomorrow,
                    > but we don't have a
                    > > time yet! I'm gonna make an executive decision and
                    > say 5-7pm at the
                    > > Borders in Sterling (on rt 7). :P If that doesn't
                    > work for people, we
                    > > can go later or earlier, just let us know!

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Alexandra Brier
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 19, 2006
                      well I got baby covered from 5 on :) so I am pretending its 5-9 since I have
                      a chapter I need to get to my editor monday so some sit down laptop time
                      would be nice :) so I'll be there reguardless ;)