Hey All!

  • mandolyn83
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2006
      Long time, no post! :)

      Life's been busy for all of us, I'm sure, but with November coming
      around again, its probably time to start thinking about this year's
      novel. Have you been thinking about it in the down time?

      I have. :) I have some characters, a couple worlds, one idea...no plots.

      I know Chris says that's no problem, but for me it is. :D I can't just
      ramble for 50,000 words! I'd get bored! And probably so would my
      characters.

      So, I'm going to start something fun. For the entire month of June,
      (all two weeks left of it. Doh!) we're going to write 1000 words a
      week. Compared to doing 400 a day, that's nothing! If too many of us
      find that too easy, we'll boost it. But its a good start.

      Heck, I'll even give you the characters and a topic! You just write
      where ever they take you. Or just create their backgrounds, whatever.
      As long as its at least 1000 words in 7 days. Doesn't even have to be
      them, just something!

      So, starting June 10th at 12:01am and lasting until June 16th at
      midnight, I want you to write 1000 words.

      Need help? Here's a boost:
      Warren DuPre, a fat man and Hilary Zigler, a deceptive advisor, are at
      a party in a Hotel when a mysterious invention discovers a hidden
      treasure.

      Ok, so its not the best thing in the world, but hey, it works!

      Good luck!
      Diana/SoaringDragon42
    • Alexandra Brier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2006
        Nice to hear some signs of life, but I'm going to have to bow out of any
        writng this month :) I started a little practice for NANO and have about
        100K words of a little fanfiction piece written in 3 months, so I htink I
        can ramp up the speed for NANO, course this was with taking some braks and
        all so I should be in good plot thinkin gposition for NANO ;) Hopeing to
        break my time last year of 22 days :)

        Alex ;)

        Oh and the secret weapon for this year --- laptop with wireless network ;)
        too bad Novemeber will be too cold to write in the evenings on the deck

        >From: "mandolyn83" <mandolyn83@...>
        >To: dulles_nanowrimo@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [dulles_nanowrimo] Hey All!
        >Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 22:55:03 -0000
        >
        >Long time, no post! :)
        >
        >Life's been busy for all of us, I'm sure, but with November coming
        >around again, its probably time to start thinking about this year's
        >novel. Have you been thinking about it in the down time?
        >
        >I have. :) I have some characters, a couple worlds, one idea...no plots.
        >
        >I know Chris says that's no problem, but for me it is. :D I can't just
        >ramble for 50,000 words! I'd get bored! And probably so would my
        >characters.
        >
        >So, I'm going to start something fun. For the entire month of June,
        >(all two weeks left of it. Doh!) we're going to write 1000 words a
        >week. Compared to doing 400 a day, that's nothing! If too many of us
        >find that too easy, we'll boost it. But its a good start.
        >
        >Heck, I'll even give you the characters and a topic! You just write
        >where ever they take you. Or just create their backgrounds, whatever.
        >As long as its at least 1000 words in 7 days. Doesn't even have to be
        >them, just something!
        >
        >So, starting June 10th at 12:01am and lasting until June 16th at
        >midnight, I want you to write 1000 words.
        >
        >Need help? Here's a boost:
        >Warren DuPre, a fat man and Hilary Zigler, a deceptive advisor, are at
        >a party in a Hotel when a mysterious invention discovers a hidden
        >treasure.
        >

        >Ok, so its not the best thing in the world, but hey, it works!
        >
        >Good luck!
        >Diana/SoaringDragon42

      • Lita Evans
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2006
          Sounds like fun! I'm totally in, only I'm just reading this 10:50 pm on the 10th, so I lost almost 23 hours, no big, right?  Besides, I was too busy today, even if I had decided to start writing today.  I'm still not sure what I'll write about, I think I'll go check out the NaNo forums, the characters you had are quite my cup of tea.  No offense meant.
          I prolly will post again when I come up with an idea.
          You know, it being summer and all, I think I'll challenge myself even more than the 1k.   In the spirit of NaNo, I'll shoot for 4k or 5k.  Doubt I'll hit it, but ya'll know what that deadline does to you.
          Anyway, I'm writing all this pointless stuff, so I'll stop now.  I think my fingers are getting in the NaNo spirit of writing a lot of random stuff really quickly.
          ~Nina

          mandolyn83 <mandolyn83@...> wrote:
[...]

          "Chemistry is a lot like witchcraft, only less newt." ~Willow, BtVS
          "I was just remembering the immortal last words of socrates when he said 'I drank what'?" ~Draco, DV09
          "The dwarf breaths so loud we could have shot him in the dark."  ~An elf, LotR: FotR
          "That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails; That's what the ship needs. But what a ship is...what the Black Pearl really is, is freedom." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow, PotC
          "If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" ~Draco, DV