Deep Creek '09!

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28 8:54 AM

      YO!

      Is anybody else up for Deep Creek this year? Rachel and I were thinking of trying for the same week in October (this year, Oct. 5 - 12, to include Columbus Day again), and since everybody liked the Mountain Joy cabin, we'll rent that one again. I checked out the listings though and one of Mountain Joy's neighbors has dropped the rate for the fall season to the same as Mountain Joy, plus gives us an extra parking space (and ping-pong and foosball, for those interested!). If it looks like we'll need the extra space, I'll grab us that place instead. I know a couple of people wanted to bring friends last year for whom we didn't have parking room (or beds) - they're welcome this year, I'll scale up accordingly.

      Here's the listings:

      Mountain Joy

      Dreamer's Nest

      If you'd like to come but can't spare much vacation budget this year, no worries, just shoot me an e-mail so I can budget accordingly in advance, we'd love lots of company again this year and hope everyone can make it out even if just for the weekend. If you want to contribute by cooking we will love you. :D I'll aim for pancake breakfasts and soup again and such. And chocolate. Naturally.

      Both homes are available between Oct. 5 - 12 at this point. If everyone can let me know by August 20 if you'd like to come, even if it's just a "not sure yet but count me in for now," I'll tally all that up and book the place just before I head out of town at the end of August. We can always adjust the reservation later if needs be.

      Lemme know what you think, hope you can make it!

      Rebecca

    • Kristin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28 10:01 AM
        Is anyone up for deep creek -- what kind of a silly question is that? I am definitely down for it again, and I assume Trace is as well, it'll just depend on his work schedule and my school/hopefully work schedule for what days we'll be down. Just let us know what the per person cost break down ends up being so I can make sure Ive got it tucked away.

        And if no one is opposed, I'm happy to bring down a big pot of stew again for dinner one night :)

        Kristin

        --- In dulles_nanowrimo@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca" <rlgow@...> wrote:

        > YO!
        >
        > Is anybody else up for Deep Creek this year? Rachel and I were thinking
        > of trying for the same week in October (this year, Oct. 5 - 12, to
        > include Columbus Day again), and since everybody liked the Mountain Joy
        > cabin, we'll rent that one again. I checked out the listings though and
        > one of Mountain Joy's neighbors has dropped the rate for the fall season
        > to the same as Mountain Joy, plus gives us an extra parking space (and
        > ping-pong and foosball, for those interested!). If it looks like we'll
        > need the extra space, I'll grab us that place instead. I know a couple
        > of people wanted to bring friends last year for whom we didn't have
        > parking room (or beds) - they're welcome this year, I'll scale up
        > accordingly.
        >
        > Here's the listings:
        >
        > Mountain Joy
        > <http://rentals.deepcreek.com/book/house.html?PMSUnitID=MTJOY&User=DEEP2\
        > 4855&Stay=7&Avail=10/05/2009>
        >
        > Dreamer's Nest
        > <http://rentals.deepcreek.com/book/house.html?PMSUnitID=DRNES&User=DEEP2\
        > 4855&Stay=7&Avail=10/05/2009>
        >

        > If you'd like to come but can't spare much vacation budget this year, no
        > worries, just shoot me an e-mail so I can budget accordingly in advance,
        > we'd love lots of company again this year and hope everyone can make it
        > out even if just for the weekend. If you want to contribute by cooking
        > we will love you. :D I'll aim for pancake breakfasts and soup again and
        > such. And chocolate. Naturally.
        >
        > Both homes are available between Oct. 5 - 12 at this point. If everyone
        > can let me know by August 20 if you'd like to come, even if it's just a
        > "not sure yet but count me in for now," I'll tally all that up and book
        > the place just before I head out of town at the end of August. We can
        > always adjust the reservation later if needs be.
        >
        > Lemme know what you think, hope you can make it!
        >
        > Rebecca

      • Diana Nielsen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 28 10:36 PM
          I wanna go! *cry* :'( But can't afford to get out there. :(

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29 5:23 AM
            Dan and I are in!  We would like to officially put in two votes for Dreamer's Nest!  That one came up in one of the previous years and I really liked the look of it.  Plus it'd be something different.  And (I think) it has air hockey.  *grin*

            Whee!

            Cyn