D2 Power supply connector?

  • Ken Newman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2006
      Hello

      I wonder if anyone has modified the D2 processor to use a different
      connector for the power supply input?

      Since this unit has been introduced, I've felt that this connector is the
      weakest link in an otherwise very solidly-constructed unit. I would think
      that a connector such as a Switchcraft TA series, or even an XLR, would make
      this connection much more solid, as well as considerably easier to connect
      and disconnect.

      Anyone???

      ----------
      Ken Newman
      ken@...
      ken@...
    • Dan Dugan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2006
        >Since this unit has been introduced, I've felt that this connector is the
        >weakest link in an otherwise very solidly-constructed unit. I would think
        >that a connector such as a Switchcraft TA series, or even an XLR, would make
        >this connection much more solid, as well as considerably easier to connect
        >and disconnect.

        I don't care for it much, either. You can tighten the retaining
        screws to make it solid. The E has a coax connector for size and
        economy. Next big product I'll use a 4-pin XLR.

        -Dan
      • Ken Newman
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2006
          I haven't yet opened the unit to see, so I'll ask you....

          Do you think a male XLR will fit where the current power connector is
          located?

          If so, I'll retrofit our units with a 4 pin male.

          While I'm at it, I should probably wire it the way you'll wire future Dugan
          power connections....

          So I'm hoping you'll share that wiring scheme with me....

          Thanks, Dan!

          ----------
          Ken Newman
          ken@...
          ken@...
        • Dan Dugan
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2006
            Ken Newman, you wrote:

            >I haven't yet opened the unit to see, so I'll ask you....
            >
            >Do you think a male XLR will fit where the current power connector is
            >located?
            >
            >If so, I'll retrofit our units with a 4 pin male.

            Dunno, let us know!

            >While I'm at it, I should probably wire it the way you'll wire future Dugan
            >power connections....
            >
            >So I'm hoping you'll share that wiring scheme with me....

            Ground on 1, +12 on 4, no connection on 2 & 3.

            -Dan