DUGAN MODEL E TO INCLUDE VIRTUAL CONTROL PANEL

  • Dan Dugan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE SEPTEMBER 1, 2006

      DUGAN MODEL E TO INCLUDE VIRTUAL CONTROL PANEL

      Dan Dugan Sound Design will show a new model in their famous line of
      Automatic Mixing Controllers in booth 1119 at the AES convention in
      San Francisco, October 6 through 9.

      The Model E is an economy model that makes Dugan Speech System
      automatic mixing available to a wider range of applications. It is
      dramatically smaller than earlier Dugan products, fitting eight
      channels into one RU height and half-rack width. With provided
      hardware, two Model E units (together providing 16 channels) can be
      mounted side-by-side in one rack space.

      The Model E is expected to be useful in houses of worship, conference
      sound reinforcement, video trucks, reality shows, theaters, city
      councils, distance learning, and teleconferencing.

      The Model E connects in two ways, either to a mixing board's insert
      jacks with standard TRS cables, or through an 8-channel ADAT optical
      interface. When analog I/O is used, the ADAT connectors can be used
      to link multiple units up to a maximum of 64 channels. The Model E
      can also be linked with the Models D-2 or D-3.

      Mute and bypass buttons are provided for each channel. An internal
      web server downloads a Java applet that gives real-time control and
      monitoring of the controller from the user's browser. The virtual
      control panel includes most of the Speech System controls that are on
      the Models D-2 and D-3. It can be operated locally or over a fast
      internet connection.

      Power is 9-24VDC, either polarity, or 9-18VAC.

      Dan Dugan said "For a long time people have been asking for a toolbox
      solution, an affordable Dugan that you can pull out when the need
      arises. At $2,995, the Model E is truly a Dugan for the rest of us."

      -30-
      --

      Dan Dugan Sound Design _/_/_/_/_/_/ Automatic Microphone Mixers
      290 Napoleon St.#E USA _/ _/_/ _/ Motion Picture Audio Repair
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
        RE:
        > The Model E is an economy model that makes Dugan Speech System
        > automatic mixing available to a wider range of applications.

        I'd like to report in that last week I got to do a test run on a real-world project, using the
        Model E in digital mode in the ADAT connection between a Presonus Digimax LT and a
        Digi 002R - it performed beautifully in this application! It was totally transparent in
        operation with six people - two interviewers and four elders sharing memories in an oral
        history project - it would have been an impossible mix to do live, and tedious if done
        manually in post.

        I just want to testify that even in prototype, the new Dugan is excellent. Thanks, Dan, for
        the test drive!

        (PS - the project specified a Dugan System, and I chose to try the Model E and Dan
        thankfully had a prototype ready to roll.)
      • Lou Judson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
          Actualy, I think it was the first of a production run, not a prototype,
          which made it an honor and fun to do...

          Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
          415-883-2689

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
            >I just want to testify that even in prototype, the new Dugan is excellent.

            Thank you, brother Lou!

            -Dan