How many Dugans?

  • Ken Newman
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2005
      Hi Dan

      This question came up the other day, as we were planning an event involving
      38 table mics:

      How many Dugan D2's can be linked together to work interactively?

      I know that I've linked (2) units, using 2 optical cables, but if it's
      possible to link more than 2, what's the plan in terms of link cables?

      Thanks!

      ----------
      Ken Newman
      ken@...
      ken@...
    • Dan Dugan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2005
        Ken Newman, you asked,

        >This question came up the other day, as we were planning an event involving
        >38 table mics:

        No problem!

        >How many Dugan D2's can be linked together to work interactively?

        Eight for 64 inputs.

        >I know that I've linked (2) units, using 2 optical cables, but if it's
        >possible to link more than 2, what's the plan in terms of link cables?

        They connect in a ring. Link out to link in, then out from the last
        unit to in of the first. See the diagram repeated on p. 23 of the
        manual.

        -Dan