latency problem?

  • Dan Dugan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2005
      I got a call from a company in Los Angeles yesterday (I think it was
      Hollywood Sound Systems, but I neglected to make a note). They said
      they'd rented a D-2 to a CBS job, and the client was complaining
      about "delay." They were going to look for a D or D-1 in the area to
      rent.

      The latency of the D-2 is only 1.2ms. It does make a difference when
      you're monitoring your own voice on headphones--it changes the tone a
      little because of the combination of the sound through your head and
      the delayed sound through the headphones. But I wonder what the
      problem was.

      -Dan