D & D-1 Upgrade

  • earcraftou
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27 8:17 PM
      Dan,

      Thanks for starting this group. Now that I know it's here I'm sure
      to read and post often. I was glad to hear of the upgrade to the D
      & D-1 models. After sub-renting several units this year I have been
      running across some in major need of this upgrade. Rest assured I
      forwarded the announcement from your website to all my vendors that
      supply your processors.

      Since this is my first post I thought I would express my enthusiasm
      for your product. When I first met you at an AES convention in the
      early 90's you told me (Proudly) that you created "the world most
      expensive auto mixer." That is most likely true but they are worth
      every penny. With the "Live Mics Processor" you have helped me
      create my "Signature Sound" and I thank you for that. As the Audio
      Director for Clark Media <www.clarkmedia.com> I finally purchased a
      D-1 and life was good. Broadcasts, Webcasts, and Live Events became
      a dream. My first experience was when I rented a "D" for a Tony
      Little Infomercial. I used it to record audio on set (Tony Little
      with 4 actors having dialogue amongst very loud exercise
      equipment). When the piece made it to post, the studio guy couldn't
      believe how good the audio was. I next used a D-1 on a corporate
      industrial in a nightmare scenario... Theater in round at Riverfront
      Coliseum, Cincinnati for 10,000 people. Oh yeah, did I mention the
      presenters demanded lavs (All 6 of them). And of course they wanted
      to dialog. With the D-1 it was a snap. Now when I am booked on a
      teleconference or industrial it's the first piece of gear I
      request. Thank you for your product and helping me build my
      reputation.

      I just started my own company "Earcraft Sound Design." You can bet
      that as business takes off, I'll be owning my own D-2 or D-3
      (however we gotta talk about that price tag.... Ouch!!).

      Again Thanks,
      Scott Morgan
      Owner
      Earcraft Sound Design
      Lititz, PA
    • Dan Dugan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28 1:09 AM
        Scott Morgan, you wrote,

        >Thanks for starting this group. Now that I know it's here I'm sure
        >to read and post often.

        So far there's only five of us here. I figure this list will be a way
        for people to get advice when they're in a jam and I'm off in the
        woods recording nature. Invite other users to subscribe.

        >I was glad to hear of the upgrade to the D
        >& D-1 models. After sub-renting several units this year I have been
        >running across some in major need of this upgrade. Rest assured I
        >forwarded the announcement from your website to all my vendors that
        >supply your processors.

        Thanks. It's embarrassing to have my products getting flakey. The fix
        solves it.

        >Since this is my first post I thought I would express my enthusiasm
        >for your product. When I first met you at an AES convention in the
        >early 90's you told me (Proudly) that you created "the world most
        >expensive auto mixer." That is most likely true but they are worth
        >every penny. With the "Live Mics Processor" you have helped me
        >create my "Signature Sound" and I thank you for that. As the Audio
        >Director for Clark Media <www.clarkmedia.com> I finally purchased a
        >D-1 and life was good. Broadcasts, Webcasts, and Live Events became
        >a dream. My first experience was when I rented a "D" for a Tony
        >Little Infomercial. I used it to record audio on set (Tony Little
        >with 4 actors having dialogue amongst very loud exercise
        >equipment). When the piece made it to post, the studio guy couldn't
        >believe how good the audio was. I next used a D-1 on a corporate
        >industrial in a nightmare scenario... Theater in round at Riverfront
        >Coliseum, Cincinnati for 10,000 people. Oh yeah, did I mention the
        >presenters demanded lavs (All 6 of them). And of course they wanted
        >to dialog. With the D-1 it was a snap. Now when I am booked on a
        >teleconference or industrial it's the first piece of gear I
        >request. Thank you for your product and helping me build my
        >reputation.

        You're welcome! I love testimonials!

        >I just started my own company "Earcraft Sound Design." You can bet
        >that as business takes off, I'll be owning my own D-2 or D-3
        >(however we gotta talk about that price tag.... Ouch!!).

        Best wishes for your success from the original sound designer.

        -Dan
        --

        Dan Dugan Sound Design _/_/_/_/_/_/ Automatic Microphone Mixers
        290 Napoleon St.#E USA _/ _/_/ _/ Nagra Sales and Service