recognize this photo?

  • Dan Dugan
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 15, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 120 KB
    Somebody sent me this great photo taken in May of 2007. Was it you?
  • b4cameron
    Message 2 of 7 , Nov 16, 2010
      I'll take the blame -- they were used for a great gig: series of executive training meetings for an international spirits company all over the globe for the past 3 years - just ended in Dublin, IRE a month ago...
      Basically a Shure-R HH on every table per 4-6 participants (up to 32 mics/tables-4 full Dugans worth) & the fifth unit allotted for up to 8-participant panel lav's or HH's on stage. One spare unit not shown. Only possible way for one engineer & one RF A-2 to handle that many microphones and as you all know, without a missed syllable or up-cut over the course of a show week on-site! Thanks, Dan
      Also, the level of dialogue interactivity between multiple participants and stage was not possible using a traditional conferencing system (Brähler, Bosch, et al) as was originally proposed. Client was ecstatic w/ both the flexibility and outcome. Was a bit of a trial paying attention for a week at a time, but Dugans made it do-able!
      PS: Of course they all worked out of the box - digital/fiber I/O w. Yamaha ADAT cards - only modification was a Jameco 100-240V 50-60Hz 18V wall wart for each. And a load of country-specific adapter plugs. The Illy café, helped too.

      Regards, Bruce

      --- In duganusers@yahoogroups.com, Dan Dugan <dan@...> wrote:

      > Somebody sent me this great photo taken in May of 2007. Was it you?

    • proaudioguy
      Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2011
        What are the 2 consoles used in the picture? Yamaha "something" on the left and something else familiar looking on the right. Curiosity is getting to me.

        --- In duganusers@yahoogroups.com, "b4cameron" <bcameron@...> wrote:

        > I'll take the blame -- they were used for a great gig: series of executive training meetings for an international spirits company all over the globe for the past 3 years - just ended in Dublin, IRE a month ago...
        > Basically a Shure-R HH on every table per 4-6 participants (up to 32 mics/tables-4 full Dugans worth) & the fifth unit allotted for up to 8-participant panel lav's or HH's on stage. One spare unit not shown. Only possible way for one engineer & one RF A-2 to handle that many microphones and as you all know, without a missed syllable or up-cut over the course of a show week on-site! Thanks, Dan
        > Also, the level of dialogue interactivity between multiple participants and stage was not possible using a traditional conferencing system (Brähler, Bosch, et al) as was originally proposed. Client was ecstatic w/ both the flexibility and outcome. Was a bit of a trial paying attention for a week at a time, but Dugans made it do-able!
        > PS: Of course they all worked out of the box - digital/fiber I/O w. Yamaha ADAT cards - only modification was a Jameco 100-240V 50-60Hz 18V wall wart for each. And a load of country-specific adapter plugs. The Illy café, helped too.
        >
        > Regards, Bruce
        >
        > --- In duganusers@yahoogroups.com, Dan Dugan <dan@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Somebody sent me this great photo taken in May of 2007. Was it you?

      • Bruce Cameron
        Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
          I forget, but almost certainly either DM2000/PM-5D (lots of ADAT I/O) on the left and Soundcraft something right

          Regards, Bruce
          --
          bruce cameron  /  sound diva, inc.
          +1.914.441.0275 buzzcameron@... www.sounddiva.com

          / Go green and keep this email on screen. /
        • Denny Chandler
          Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
            On the left is a Yamaha M7CL and on the right is a DDA CS-8
          • William
            Message 6 of 7 , Feb 9, 2011
              --- In duganusers@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Cameron <buzzcameron@...> wrote:

              > I forget, but almost certainly either DM2000/PM-5D (lots of ADAT I/O) on the
              > left and Soundcraft something right
              >
              > Regards, Bruce
              > --
              > bruce cameron / sound diva, inc.
              > +1.914.441.0275 buzzcameron@... www.sounddiva.com
              >
              > / Go green and keep this email on screen. /

              Denny is correct, it's an M7 (I know, how did I talk you into that?) and a DDA CS-8. Based on the Illy cup in the photo I'm 99% sure this is that gig we did at the Madarin for an international accounting a consulting firm, not one of those for the international sprits firm. I also recall Pete being shocked at the flatness of his RF analyser when all the mics were shut off.

              Cheers,

              Bill
            • Bruce Cameron
              Message 7 of 7 , Feb 10, 2011
                 Bill is absolutely right, as is Denny - I was so tied up in the beverage gig over the past few years, that I did not look closely at the photo. Thanks for reminding me that we 'prototyped' that multi-Dugan E setup in DC and Thanks, Bill for your support on that one. It had its challenges...
                 I should have remembered the Illy; the Mandarin is a nice venue - the sushi is outstanding as is the case at most Mandarins. I do remember Colin Powell presenting on stage in his socks, shoe-less. Another story for another time.

                Regards, Bruce