Re: Would you fight these guys?

  • TDavis1753@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
      the wall is worth working with
    • Rillion Elthandilsth
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
        I'd fight the WS. He is a solid WS with good
        physicals that can easily when 2/3 of his fights in
        basic and has a chance depending on how he learns to
        TV a tournament. Of course WS is my favorite style.

        I wouldn't fight the AB, not enough will and a
        mediocre wit.

        =====
        Rillion
        Lord of Darkness
        http://www.angelfire.com/yt/rillion/index.html
        http://im.yahoo.com
      • Pagan
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
          From: "Don Ledbetter" <dviv@...>

          AB --> No. He doesn�t have any Con, Will, nor Wit.

          WS --> Yes. Double 17�s, Con & Str.

          Pagan

          Weapons Update Page:

          http://home1.gte.net/pagan/pagan/Weapon_Primary&Off-Hand.htm

          <http://home1.gte.net/pagan/pagan/Armory.htm>

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
            From: Don Ledbetter [mailto:dviv@...]

[...]

            [Dennis Cleary] I'm an Aimed Blow nut, so yes I would run this guy. Very
            Little endurance, can't carry a lot, and very frail is not a problem with a
            rollup and strategy that focuses on only 2 things: hit first and hit hard.
            Tremendous damage takes care of the 2nd, and VH/VH Lunge/Decis takes care of
            the first. He's not a long-termer (Dixie Aimer?), based primarily on his WT
            which means his development will be stunted by low Champions, but if you get
            lucky and he's blessed he might win, anyway.

[...]

            [Dennis Cleary] Looks good to me. I'm not crazy about the low DF but
            he'll do well anyway. Only problem with this rollup is the glaring lack of
            a strength. 21 WT or 21 WL with that low DF is not really a problem, but
            "just" 17/17 means long-term he's good, short term he could possibly lose
            about 50% of the time. A better investment than the Aimer, but not nearly
            as fun.
          • Rillion Elthandilsth
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
              > [Dennis Cleary] Looks good to me. I'm not crazy
              > about the low DF but
              > he'll do well anyway. Only problem with this rollup
              > is the glaring lack of
              > a strength. 21 WT or 21 WL with that low DF is not
              > really a problem, but
              > "just" 17/17 means long-term he's good, short term
              > he could possibly lose
              > about 50% of the time. A better investment than the
              > Aimer, but not nearly
              > as fun.

              Glaring lack of a strength?!? I'll show you this
              warrior's strength:

              > uses an unusual fighting style, deadly to slower,
              > less active foes

              [Bonused in attack, got high wit statement, 10+, when
              mode base for this warrior is 9 attack skills]

              > has learned the finer points of parrying

              [Bonused in parry, got low wit statement, 6-9, when
              mode base for this warrior is 5]

              This warrior is at least +1/1 att/par, could be up to
              +4/4. That will help make up for the 9 DF, which
              isn't that low. Can use the BS without penalty, and
              with the bonuses will have the skills to use it.
              Later if when this warrior has AdvEx+ in attack I
              would probably use the SC vs lighter armor even with
              the penalty for DF. If this warrior only goes 50%
              then the problem is with the manager and the strategy.

              As for the aimer being more fun, it all depends on
              what you consider fun. I enjoy watching warriors
              batter themselves silly against my WS's shields in
              minute one then get sliced apart after they tire. I
              don't enjoy watching an AB get turned into a pin
              cushion.

              =====
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
                dgcleary@... writes:

                << [Dennis Cleary] I'm an Aimed Blow nut, so yes I would run this guy. Very
                Little endurance, can't carry a lot, and very frail is not a problem with a
                rollup and strategy that focuses on only 2 things: hit first and hit hard.
                Tremendous damage takes care of the 2nd, and VH/VH Lunge/Decis takes care of
                the first. He's not a long-termer (Dixie Aimer?), based primarily on his WT
                which means his development will be stunted by low Champions, but if you get
                lucky and he's blessed he might win, anyway.

                please run that yucky aimer like this in some tourneys. we could all use the
                easy wins.

                mouse
              • Ed Brizzolara
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
                  I couldn't reply without deleting your message. Send in something other
                  than HTML.

                  I love the AB. Seek out somewhere where there are lots of TPs. He
                  should clean up.

                  Wimpy
                • Talonvolksie@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
                    In a message dated 02/01/2000 1:52:20 AM Eastern Standard Time, dviv@...
                    writes:

                    <<
                    FORCE OF NATURE (377) AIMED BLOW

                    can do TREMENDOUS DAMAGE with a blow

                    13-6-15-13-5-11-21

                    *****I would fight this guy and see how he does. Aimed Blows with little
                    endurance can still fight up to 8 minutes or more depending on strategy. The
                    tremendous damage has the capabilities of ending fights quickly so he could
                    be a great short term warrior.

                    FORCE OF NATURE (377) WALL OF STEEL

                    13-13-12-17-17-3-9 good endurance good damage and is HIGH in attack

                    I'd fight this one also.

                    Talon Volksie
                  • Talonvolksie@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
                      13-6-15-13-5-11-21 AB

                      Run him 10-10-6 Decis scimitar, no offhand no armor min 1 and he should
                      clean up. He is not far off an expert in attack. These types of Aimers are
                      not long term but could be good for a 5-0 or 7-1 run with the right
                      challenges.

                      Talon Volksie
                    • Don Ledbetter
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
                        If this warrior only goes 50%
                        then the problem is with the manager and the strategy.

                        Well, then I guess I can look forward to a 50/50 record for this guy.

                        SF