Re: Freeze date for the tourney...and BG (??)

  • Mithril, Clan Battleaxe
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hmm wouldnt the obvious fix be just to make it like a mail-in, ie: You get
      two challenge strats, one normal and one vs. certain styles. Then they run
      the whole shbang till they get a winner. Only instead of mailing it in, your
      there to watch. Easy, cant throw fights if your strats already in right?
      Unless someone convinces a manager to run a whole team with throw-fights
      strats just in case they match up. That would fix that right quick.

      Mithril

    • TDavis1753@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 1999
        In a message dated 99-12-01 00:36:55 EST, MBender842@... writes:

        << I guess I'll damn the free fights and sit them out unless I get last
        hour confirmation of the definite freeze date, then call them in.
        As far as the BG change, I have mixed feelings. I agree that fight
        throwing lessens the victory somewhat (although it is nice to get a DYO
        outta
        there) and makes it rather unfair to others. Perhaps I shouldn't say
        anything though since I have been both the "thrower", and the "throwee" in
        the past. A simple solution would be random matchups like the regular
        tourney is. You still get the opportunity to uncover your opponents style
        and change your strategy accordingly if you wish, just like the regular
        tourney. Just like that, problem solved. Let's have a Bloodgames in
        January!!! >>

        sometimes people make sense. this certainly does and might get me to play
        bgs again. i think that you should also make it a "there can be only one"
        tourney with death at the end of EVERY fight. i hate getting a warrior to
        7-3-2 because my opponents ran a surrender strategy in desperation.

        mouse