A Lesson in Investing Learned (REV)

  • Fren Pascua
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007

      A Lesson in Investing Learned (REV)

      So about 10 weeks ago or so I registered to Play along with CNBC's Million Dollar Portfolio Challenge just to see how things would go with a company that I had been watching rather closely--Revlon (NYSE: REV). Within 10 days I was way down as the stock fell in value. Feeling like not trying to win any longer, I stopped logging in to the CNBC website to check my portfolio holdings.
      That's my suggestion: Try your best to remain emotionally neutral. If you've made sound investments and done your research (that would be suggestion number 2: Don't buy something just because your broker or financial adviser says so--do the research yourself and form your own conclusion) you can stick with them and expect to come up a winner. This is exactly what my bet on Revlon reminded me of because out of curiosity this morning I checked-in for the first time in months to see my contest portfolio. This time around I noticed that I was in the top 19% of contestants and had made a nice 8.3% profit--All with Revlon.