Past archive question, and hello all

  • ferretoi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006
      Hello DM community, Manray Frothingslosh/Jason W here, hope you are all well and
      enjoying the start to a fruitful New Year.

      I have a box of DM/misc gaming paperwork that I've lugged from abode to abode for, oh,
      too long to remember now, and I want to pare it down to it's most essential elements and
      recycle the rest. It consists of old newsletters (mid/late 80's and on) for a few arenas
      (Transel during the pre-Ruling Council war, Willaf, etc.) and some Hyborean War stuff (very
      little)... so I'd like to know a couple things:

      1. what is the current state of archives for these materials? Is there somewhere that old
      newsletters are being compiled in digital form, whether as a purge/consolidation effort by
      RSI off of old back-ups, etc. Or are there players/alliances that have essentially scanned
      them, whether as simple bitmap files or using ocr software? I don't have such software
      and am not sure how dedicated I am to sitting down and putting in the scannermonkey
      time to do it no matter whether i get a pdf or a text file as a result. Some of the
      newsletters were of the era where the personal ad limit was in effect, but not for spotlights
      and there are pages and pages of columns/spotlights.

      2. depending on the above answer, does anyone want or collect classic era DM
      documentation? After I cull out what I want, does anyone want the rest? I might scan
      specific items, and would be willing to also pass along what I cull out, depending on when
      I'm able to get to it.

      If not, a big ol' pile of paper doll rankings and rantings will go in my recycle bin. If the
      recycling collectors look at me funny now, wait til they rummage through that collection of
      informational halucinations.

      I'm sure several of you have dealt with the same issue, your opinions will actually be
      valued.

      Thanks for your time...

      Manray / Jason

      btw, I haven't been to 'that other site' in a long long time, so I'd post this there but figured
      this was as far as I could go at the moment. Depending on responses - or if someone
      wants to re-post this there, which would be excellent - I might advance this issue further.

      Take care
    • George Habrecht
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2006
        There seems to have been an attempt at archiving old newsletters, although I
        don't see too many posted.

        http://www.reality.com/duelmasters/modules.php?name=Old_Newsletters

        I have a ton of digital copies for the arenas I have teams in, but that's
        about it.

        As for Hyborian War, I have a pretty good stockpile of stuff on my website
        at http://www.electronicoasis.com/strategy_gaming/index.htm.

        Check it out...

        Ghab / Assassin Nation

[...]

        Online DM Managers Census: