Re: Manager's Tourney Predictions (Winter 03)

  • williamspaul_98
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
      Check that out... I'm on the list! TWICE! Manager must have seen
      how many decent warriors I've mismanaged to death this year.

      - Dreih

      --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, dwayne@C... wrote:
      > Gateway:
      > -------------
      > TC: Furious Impaler R-Up: Jalon Sleeper: Bonnie
      >
      > Primus
      > --------------
      > TC: Mendelssohn R-Up: Iron Princess Sleeper: White Dove
      >
      > Hard to say. Primus has been so random lately. I picked the
      warriors I
      > thought were the best overall and didn't factor intangibles into
      the equation.

      > Eligibles:
      > --------------
      > TC: Shadowgate R-Up: Sultan Sleeper: Sentinel
      >
      > This may be one of the most hard fought tourney classes. With at
      least 3 2-
      > time TC winners in the field, not everyone is going to walk away
      happy.
      > Some good sleepers out there too. Even though Free Blades has
      been the
      > toughest ADM regional lately, they are sorely lacking when it
      comes to
      > picking up ADM classified TCs. Shadowgate has the opportunity for
      a rare
      > one.
      >
      > ADM:
      > ------
      > TC: Poison Ivy R-Up: Soultaker Sleeper: Sentinel
      >
      > This class is very much up for grabs. Of course, it often is,
      usually
      > only a handful of managers decide to seize the opportunity. Could
      be the
      > weakest overall class this time around.
      >
      > Freshmen:
      > ----------------
      > TC: Adie R-Up: DMobster Sleeper: LHI
      >
      > Might be an off-Freshmen this time out, I think a warrior with a
      couple of near
      > misses might finally break the streak. Don't underestimate a new
      wave
      > of Champ Sandbaggers who now turn into Freshmen sandbaggers.
      >
      > Champs:
      > -------------
      > TC: LHI R-Up: The Greek Guy Sleeper: The
      Muffin Man

      > Even though he was decimated by the split (although not as badly
      as TUM or
      > Doc Steele), LHI is still in good shape in the Champions tourney.
      I think
      > the graduation of the super scum could help out some of the high
      skill
      > average-physicals warriors--especially in this format. There
      aren't very
      > many promising young scum in the Champions tourney so until the
      top Champs
      > scum are replaced, there may be some opportunity here. The field
      slightly
      > favors those Champs that "busted out" so to speak, that is, chose
      to run after
      > the split, knowing that they would get sucked off next time.
      >
      > Adepts:
      > ------------
      > TC: Rillion R-Up: Shadowgate R-Up: Manager
      >
      > The FtF will be worse in this class, but this should be a pretty
      > competitive field. There is an unsual mix of good styles among
      the top
      > warriors here so, anything can happen. The matchups will favor a
      Striker
      > or an Anti-Striker.
      >
      > Initiates:
      > -------------
      > TC: Vhagar R-Up: Youngblood Sleeper: Doc Mabuse
      >
      > I would have expected more people to be going after this TC with a
      couple
      > of really strong favorites in this class during Tempe looming.
      Then
      > again, maybe some people don't mind the competition....
      >
      > Apps: None
      >
      > Novices
      > -------------
      > TC: Some BOB manager R-Up: Manager Sleeper: Vhagar
      >
      > No, I don't have any warriors in mind, but this a good bet. If I
      succeed in
      > runnering-up Novices again, that will complete a Grand Slam of
      Runner-Ups
      > in that class. (4 in a row in the same calender year)
      > It's the little goals to shoot for.
      >
      > Rookies
      > --------
      > TC: Guardian R-Up: Vhagar Sleeper: Assur (Hah, I only sent 1
      scum)

      > Three times in a row for Guardian?
      >
      > Dead Champs:
      > -------------
      > TC: Manager R-Up: Ichabod F. Sleeper: DeGotti
      >
      > This is my best Champ ever, Dead or Alive. I've Runner-Upped this
      class
      > twice in a row. Third time will hopefully be the charm.
      >
      > Dead Adepts:
      > ------------
      > TC: Dreidenflag R-Up: Sensei Janet Sleeper: TUM
      >
      > Dead Inits:
      > -----------
      > TC: Kat R-Up: Dreidenflag Sleeper: Tryad
      >
      > Dead Apprentices:
      > -----------------
      > TC: Whoever runs Elven Hunters R-Up: Papaiz Sleeper:
      Godric G.
    • John Skaarup
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
        Picked to TC Dead Inits?

        Whoa - finally up on the radar - and I am admittedly honored, however due to
        some extreme family matters, I only sent four to the tourney - none of my
        dead - though I *DO* have an old striker who has one dead init tourney left
        in him, so I'll take a raincheck until next year....

        Of course, if any of my guys win, I automatically jump to a 25% success rate
        :-)

        The Russian Blue of Recognition: Kat

> [...]
        > >
        > > Rookies
        > > --------
        > > TC: Guardian R-Up: Vhagar Sleeper: Assur (Hah, I only sent 1
        >scum)
        > >
        > > Three times in a row for Guardian?
        > >
        > > Dead Champs:
        > > -------------
        > > TC: Manager R-Up: Ichabod F. Sleeper: DeGotti
        > >
        > > This is my best Champ ever, Dead or Alive. I've Runner-Upped this
        >class
        > > twice in a row. Third time will hopefully be the charm.
        > >
        > > Dead Adepts:
        > > ------------
        > > TC: Dreidenflag R-Up: Sensei Janet Sleeper: TUM
        > >
        > > Dead Inits:
        > > -----------
        > > TC: Kat R-Up: Dreidenflag Sleeper: Tryad
        > >
        > > Dead Apprentices:
        > > -----------------
        > > TC: Whoever runs Elven Hunters R-Up: Papaiz Sleeper:

        Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings!
        Go to http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134
      • SOL
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
          I have to beg to differ a little....you havent seen my freshmen or rookies!
          Ronnie/SOL

          dwayne@... wrote:
          Gateway:
          -------------

          Online DM Managers Census:
          http://www.bit-net.com/~johnh/dm_census.cgi

          To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to:

        • Rillion
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2003
            --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, dwayne@C... wrote:
            > Adepts:
            > ------------
            > TC: Rillion R-Up: Shadowgate R-Up: Manager
            >
            > The FtF will be worse in this class, but this should be a pretty
            > competitive field. There is an unsual mix of good styles among the
            top
            > warriors here so, anything can happen. The matchups will favor a
            Striker
            > or an Anti-Striker.

            I wish I had something great here but I've got one fairly average
            striker that TV'd Inits. Nothing special, my best Adept is a Lunger
            that won't be ready until Tempe or later.

            Rillion