Re: parry-lunge???

  • asu_ryan
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
      Wow, that setup yields some great skills, but the very little
      endurance may really really hurt. You may want to look at a Parry
      Strike, I understand that their burn-rate is very low. I would be
      afraid that as a PL, this guy would get tired so fast that he would
      not be able to utilize those nice skills (at least that is what
      happened to me)

      you are missing a few points too, yay!

      try

      11-9-7-17-9-14-17 PS/ST -- Only Poor End, and not too bad
      decise...er..you could go straight ST too. (11+ Decise) Con may be a
      bit too low for the parry styles. Wish he had a little more attack.

      As to how to run it, hehehehehe, let me know when you figure it
      out :)

      --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, Wensinwasin3@a... wrote:
      > got this rollup with this warrior on it: 9-9-7-12-7-13-13
      >
      > decided to go like this: 9-9-7-17-7-17-17 parry lunge
      >
      > the only thing is i really do not know how to run one, any
      suggestions.

      > youngblood/jason
    • Michael Withrow
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
        I agree that it would have made a better PS or ST only
        if more WL was added to the RU. Never underestimate
        the power of endurance. Unless you develop some type
        of dodge strategy for the first few minutes, this guy
        is doomed.

        Mike/Mr. Mojo/Sieg
        --- asu_ryan <asu_ryan@...> wrote:
        > Wow, that setup yields some great skills, but the
        > very little
        > endurance may really really hurt. You may want to
        > look at a Parry
        > Strike, I understand that their burn-rate is very
        > low. I would be
        > afraid that as a PL, this guy would get tired so
        > fast that he would
        > not be able to utilize those nice skills (at least
        > that is what
        > happened to me)
        >
        > you are missing a few points too, yay!
        >
        > try
        >
        > 11-9-7-17-9-14-17 PS/ST -- Only Poor End, and not
        > too bad
        > decise...er..you could go straight ST too. (11+
        > Decise) Con may be a
        > bit too low for the parry styles. Wish he had a
        > little more attack.
        >
        > As to how to run it, hehehehehe, let me know when
        > you figure it
        > out :)
        >

        > --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, Wensinwasin3@a...
        > wrote:
        > > got this rollup with this warrior on it:
        > 9-9-7-12-7-13-13
        > >
        > > decided to go like this: 9-9-7-17-7-17-17 parry
        > lunge
        > >
        > > the only thing is i really do not know how to run
        > one, any
        > suggestions.
        > >
        > > youngblood/jason

        =====

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • williamspaul_98
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
          11-9-7-17-9-14-17 Striker... If you make this guy a PL, he'll
          barely make it to minute 2 before he falls over from exhaustion.

          - Dreihdenflahg

          --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, Wensinwasin3@a... wrote:
          > got this rollup with this warrior on it: 9-9-7-12-7-13-13
          >
          > decided to go like this: 9-9-7-17-7-17-17 parry lunge
          >
          > the only thing is i really do not know how to run one, any
          suggestions.

          > youngblood/jason
        • Daniel
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
            I dont think this guy has the endurance to be a PL... I'd go:
            9-9-7-17-9-16-17 PS/PR

            TigToad

            --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, Wensinwasin3@a... wrote:
            > got this rollup with this warrior on it: 9-9-7-12-7-13-13
            >
            > decided to go like this: 9-9-7-17-7-17-17 parry lunge
            >
            > the only thing is i really do not know how to run one, any suggestions.
            >
            > youngblood/jason
          • asu_ryan
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
              I like TigToads idea for the PR. He has a much greater knowledge of
              the game than I, but one thing I have heard repeated a lot is that
              PRs with a high speed have a tendency to "steal the initative,"
              which can be a bad thing (if someone could elaborate, I would
              appreciate it, thanks). Also, with the 9 str this guy is in danger
              of "little damage." He only loses one Rip skill this way, gains the
              LO, and will have poor rather than very little end. Also, his
              defenses are pretty low, so be careful.

              11-10-7-17-9-13-17 -- PR

              I have a poor end PR, that went 9 minutes (varying 5-6, 5-4, rhythm)
              against a TP and beat him. I am just very afraid of Little End as it
              has cursed several of my warriors.

              --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, Wensinwasin3@a... wrote:
              > got this rollup with this warrior on it: 9-9-7-12-7-13-13
              >
              > decided to go like this: 9-9-7-17-7-17-17 parry lunge
              >
              > the only thing is i really do not know how to run one, any
              suggestions.

              > youngblood/jason
            • williamspaul_98
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
                --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, "asu_ryan" <asu_ryan@y...> wrote:
                > I like TigToads idea for the PR. He has a much greater knowledge of
                > the game than I, but one thing I have heard repeated a lot is that
                > PRs with a high speed have a tendency to "steal the initative,"
                > which can be a bad thing (if someone could elaborate, I would
                > appreciate it, thanks). Also, with the 9 str this guy is in danger
                > of "little damage." He only loses one Rip skill this way, gains the
                > LO, and will have poor rather than very little end. Also, his
                > defenses are pretty low, so be careful.
                >

                > 11-10-7-17-9-13-17 -- PR

                I'll almost never settle for a 13 SP if my DF is over 14...
                (especially if he has a low will and I don't want to have to mess
                with training stats at all) Might as well put 1 point into speed to
                get the Highly Coordinated statement. 11-9-7-17-9-14-17 ...
                besides... the 1 point in CON doesn't really help all that much.

                - Dreihdenflahg

                > I have a poor end PR, that went 9 minutes (varying 5-6, 5-4,
                rhythm)
                > against a TP and beat him. I am just very afraid of Little End as
                it
                > has cursed several of my warriors.
                >

                > --- In duel@yahoogroups.com, Wensinwasin3@a... wrote:
                > > got this rollup with this warrior on it: 9-9-7-12-7-13-13
                > >
                > > decided to go like this: 9-9-7-17-7-17-17 parry lunge
                > >
                > > the only thing is i really do not know how to run one, any
                > suggestions.
                > >
                > > youngblood/jason
              • Daniel
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
                  I'm jaded.

                  But, its a mediocre RU to begin with, due to that 9 will. It'll have
                  VLE anyway, if it comes back with little damage also, its just one
                  more justification for my DAing it. So I stick with my
                  9-9-7-17-9-16-17 design. I'd use a SC anyway.

                  TigToad/Daniel