Re: off subject-Thieves and To Burn

  • gameogre
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      Shadowspawn was the best character, but only one of many great ones,
      WHEN THEY WERE STARTED. All the characters in Thieves' World were
      ruined over time as others used them in their stories and altered
      crucial character lines. (My first three DM teams were called Sacred
      Banders, Stepsons and Hell Hounds and I was huge fan of the early
      books. If you never read them, read up to Chaos something (Season?)
      and stop before you ruin it....)

      My first ADM warrior was a lunger, Lo, VL and EP with an 11 DF.
      Awful, impossible to compete when the numbers you needed to use were
      so far from what you use 'best'. So I honestly think the "run what
      you need to run" is useable if that's not too far from where they do
      their best. If it's greatly different, retire. Which brings me to
      one (lunger) I have today that I might bet money is going to have a
      favorite learn of parry.... Do things really ever change?

      - Rich / gameogre