Re: Remember when?

  • ALMChicago@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 1999
      In a message dated 2/28/99 8:54:06 PM Central Standard Time, SGM06@...
      writes:

      << Just remembering the glory days of DM here......I was talking to a new DM
      player on-line today & he asked me what was the difference between popularity
      & recognition! I told him my answer & then thought about when I first started
      playing & the only recognition there was this: 4pts = win, +2 for a kill & -2
      = loss. Just wondering how many out there remember these grand 'ol days? >>

      Yes the days before persistent attack and slipped parries. The days when a
      lunger was well suited to scimitar and killing your opponent was the idea. I
      still have the newsletter from Talcama turn 1. I use to add 6 to strength, 6
      to con, and 2 to speed in order to make them like AD&D fighters. I had an
      excuse though. I was 12 and there was no Rt, Mousetrap, or sponsor program to
      help me.

      Scott aka Doc Steele