Primus vs Gateway

  • Ed Brizzolara
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      How about a little run down for those of us not yet in Primus/Gateway
      explaining the differences.

      I think I'd like to have details on the difference in learning skills
      and stats.

      Thanks for your help.

      Wimpy/Ed
    • WITHROW MICHAEL
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
        I've been in Gateway for over a year and have two
        newer warriors there and another on the way at the
        next ADM split. The major difference is the increased
        stat training, seven instead of three as easy as the
        first train. New inductees can learn most of the 30
        extra skills rather quickly and the stat trains are
        decent up until the tenth train.

        I believe that Primus has the same stat train chances
        as the other ADM arenas. I don't play their yet, but
        it all comes down to the amount of patience you have
        with stat trains if you decide to go there. In the
        end, it's probably better to send a warrior to Primus
        if the extra skills won't make much of a different in
        it's final ratings.
        --- Ed Brizzolara <edbriz@...> wrote:
        > How about a little run down for those of us not yet
        > in Primus/Gateway
        > explaining the differences.
        >
        > I think I'd like to have details on the difference
        > in learning skills
        > and stats.
        >
        > Thanks for your help.
        >
        > Wimpy/Ed

        =====
        Mr. Mojo
        ICQ# 79144773
        http://www.angelfire.com/wi/mojo

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • Dwayne Chun
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
          On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Ed Brizzolara wrote:

          > How about a little run down for those of us not yet in Primus/Gateway
          > explaining the differences.
          >
          > I think I'd like to have details on the difference in learning skills
          > and stats.

          Stat Training: In Gateway, your First 5 trains are free (instead of 3 like
          in regular ADM), before your training starts to get halved. The minimum
          training rate is around 25%. In Primus, your minimum stat train % is
          around 10%.

          Skill Learns: You learned back all of your burned skills in Gateway, as
          well 5 extra skills in each category. Also, you can learn more than 6
          skills in Gateway per fight. (I think 10 was the most anyone has seen, but
          who knows?)

          Misc: The stat/skill charts might differ slightly in Gateway than it does
          in the regular game. The only confirmed one is that Gateway warriors now
          get Parry from 22-25 ST but you won't in ADM. (You'll learn 9 Parry if you
          already had 25 ST coming into Gateway.)

          I like what Mr. Mojo said best, if you don't mind waiting, then go to
          Primus. It doesn't hurt to plan 10-20 years in advance. RSI will one day
          make changes that will effect the upper game, and it's important to have
          a versatile stable so you can best adapt to these changes.

          Dwayne/Manager
        • Ed Brizzolara
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2001
            Dwayne,

            Thanks for your explanation. I think it covers everything on which I
            had questions. Since it was my only reply, I'm glad you were thorough.
            Many, many thanks.

            Wimpy/Ed