Re: [duel] Five... Four... Three... Two...

  • WITHROW MICHAEL
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2001
      Talk about issues..... Happy new year All!!!

      =====
      Mr. Mojo
      ICQ# 79144773
      http://www.angelfire.com/wi/mojo

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Pagan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
        We are using the Gregorian Calander

        sanctioned by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582

        10 days were removed from the calander to adjust the calander to the correct
        day ; thursday Oct 4th was followed by friday Oct 15th

        for one year --> 1582 , there were only 355 days in the year

        actual yearly rotation around the sun: 365days, 5 hours, 48minutes, and 46
        seconds

        2001 is the start of the new millenium becasue there was no year Zero. It's
        that simple.

        Pagan

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
          RE: "2001 is the start of the new millenium because there was no year Zero.
          It's that simple."

          Here, here. Completely agree!
          Welcome to the Third Millenium, all.
        • Lord Phoenix
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
            >We are using the Gregorian Calander sanctioned by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582

            >10 days were removed from the calander to adjust the calander to the
            > >correct day ; thursday Oct 4th was followed by friday Oct 15th
            >
            >for one year --> 1582 , there were only 355 days in the year
            >
            >actual yearly rotation around the sun: 365days, 5 hours, 48minutes, >and 46
            >seconds
            >
            >2001 is the start of the new millenium becasue there was no year Zero.
            > >It's that simple.
            >
            >Pagan

            Is this not exactly what I said?

            -L.Phoenix

            PS Although it was nicely simplified. Like I said: I'm not good at
            explaining these things.