Re: [duel] New Banners

  • The Sentinel
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
      At 12:08 PM 8/31/00 -0700, Robert.Rillion wrote:
      >Is it just me or are the new banners that egroups
      >tacks on BEFORE the email message really annoying?

      Amazingly annoying. Rob, do you have any say-so into crap like this? If
      so, please exercise it...

      >Rillion

      --Travis
      The Sentinel (sentinel@...)
      <=======|-- --|=======> <=======|-- --|=======>
    • Rob Habberfield
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
        Unfortunately, I do not have any say-so for this. When it changed from
        Onelist to eGroups, they did send me a msg about it, but not asking for my
        input... I'll take a look into it and contact eGroups about it.

        Notice that if the msg is sent as plain text, the banner disappears. It will
        show up with "rich text" or HTML msgs. I guess they thought that the ad at
        the bottom of the msg wasn't being terribly effective... <shrug>

        My Groups | duel Main Page | Start a new group!

        At 12:08 PM 8/31/00 -0700, Robert.Rillion wrote:
        >Is it just me or are the new banners that egroups
        >tacks on BEFORE the email message really annoying?

        Amazingly annoying. Rob, do you have any say-so into crap like this? If
        so, please exercise it...

        >Rillion

        --Travis
        The Sentinel (sentinel@...)
        <=======|-- --|=======> <=======|-- --|=======>

        DM Online Census:
        http://robh.net/duel/census.html

        To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to:
      • Jiles McCoy
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
          It looks like egroups was just acquired by Yahoo... I wonder what they will
          change?

          Jiles

          My Groups | duel Main Page | Start a new group!

          At 12:08 PM 8/31/00 -0700, Robert.Rillion wrote:
          >Is it just me or are the new banners that egroups
          >tacks on BEFORE the email message really annoying?

          Amazingly annoying. Rob, do you have any say-so into crap like this? If
          so, please exercise it...

          >Rillion

          --Travis
          The Sentinel (sentinel@...)

        • WFMS101@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
            In a message dated Thu, 31 Aug 2000 3:09:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Robert.Rillion" <rillionelth@...> writes:

            <FONT COLOR="#000099">GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
            Apply NOW!
            </FONT><A HREF="http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/5/_/110365/_/967748908/"><B>Click Here!</B></A>