Fedora15 : Error 5012 while giving print command to my local USB printer.

  • Ragesh
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
      I'm using hp laserjet M1132MFP and getting the error 5012. Earlier it was printing but after the last reboot, this is the problem. This is the report I got when I run the following command which i got from the ubuntu forum. Please help guys I'm not able to use my printer since 4 days. Thanx.

      [ragesh@ragesh ~]$ hp-check -t

      HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.11.7)
      Dependency/Version Check Utility ver. 14.3

      Copyright (c) 2001-9 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
      This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
      This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
      under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

      Note: hp-check can be run in three modes:
      1. Compile-time check mode (-c or --compile): Use this mode before compiling the
      HPLIP supplied tarball (.tar.gz or .run) to determine if the proper dependencies
      are installed to successfully compile HPLIP.
      2. Run-time check mode (-r or --run): Use this mode to determine if a distro
      supplied package (.deb, .rpm, etc) or an already built HPLIP supplied tarball
      has the proper dependencies installed to successfully run.
      3. Both compile- and run-time check mode (-b or --both) (Default): This mode
      will check both of the above cases (both compile- and run-time dependencies).

      Saving output in log file: hp-check.log

      Initializing. Please wait...

      ---------------
      | SYSTEM INFO |
      ---------------

      Basic system information:
      Linux ragesh.datstruct.com 2.6.38.8-35.fc15.i686 #1 SMP Wed Jul 6 14:46:26 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

      Checking Python version...
      OK, version 2.7.1 installed

      Checking PyQt 4.x version...
      OK, version 4.8.3 installed.

      Checking for CUPS...
      Version: 1.4.7
      error_log is set to level: debug

      Checking for dbus/python-dbus...
      dbus daemon is running.
      python-dbus version: 0.83.0

      ------------------------------------
      | COMPILE AND RUNTIME DEPENDENCIES |
      ------------------------------------

      note: To check for compile-time only dependencies, re-run hp-check with the -c parameter (ie, hp-check -c).
      note: To check for run-time only dependencies, re-run hp-check with the -r parameter (ie, hp-check -r).

      Checking for dependency: CUPS - Common Unix Printing System...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: CUPS devel- Common Unix Printing System development files...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: CUPS image - CUPS image development files...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: DBus - Message bus system...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: gcc - GNU Project C and C++ Compiler...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: GhostScript - PostScript and PDF language interpreter and previewer...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: libcrypto - OpenSSL cryptographic library...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: libjpeg - JPEG library...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: libnetsnmp-devel - SNMP networking library development files...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: libpthread - POSIX threads library...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: libtool - Library building support services...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: libusb - USB library...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: make - GNU make utility to maintain groups of programs...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: PIL - Python Imaging Library (required for commandline scanning with hp-scan)...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: PolicyKit - Administrative policy framework...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: PyQt 4 DBus - DBus Support for PyQt4...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: Python DBus - Python bindings for DBus...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: Python devel - Python development files...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: Python libnotify - Python bindings for the libnotify Desktop notifications...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: Python XML libraries...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: Python 2.3 or greater - Required for fax functionality...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: Python 2.2 or greater - Python programming language...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: Reportlab - PDF library for Python...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: SANE - Scanning library...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: SANE - Scanning library development files...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: scanimage - Shell scanning program...
      OK, found.

      Checking for dependency: xsane - Graphical scanner frontend for SANE...
      OK, found.

      ----------------------
      | HPLIP INSTALLATION |
      ----------------------

      Currently installed HPLIP version...
      HPLIP 3.11.7 currently installed in '/usr/share/hplip'.

      Current contents of '/etc/hp/hplip.conf' file:
      # hplip.conf. Generated from hplip.conf.in by configure.

      [hplip]
      version=3.11.7

      [dirs]
      home=/usr/share/hplip
      run=/var/run
      ppd=/usr/share/cups/model/HP
      ppdbase=/usr/share/cups/model
      doc=/usr/share/doc/hplip-3.11.7
      icon=/usr/share/applications
      cupsbackend=/usr/lib/cups/backend
      cupsfilter=/usr/lib/cups/filter
      drv=/usr/share/cups/drv/hp

      # Following values are determined at configure time and cannot be changed.
      [configure]
      network-build=yes
      pp-build=no
      gui-build=yes
      scanner-build=yes
      fax-build=yes
      dbus-build=yes
      cups11-build=no
      doc-build=yes
      shadow-build=no
      hpijs-install=no
      foomatic-drv-install=no
      foomatic-ppd-install=no
      foomatic-rip-hplip-install=no
      hpcups-install=yes
      cups-drv-install=yes
      cups-ppd-install=no
      internal-tag=3.11.7
      restricted-build=no
      ui-toolkit=qt4
      qt3=no
      qt4=yes
      policy-kit=no
      hpijs-only-build=no
      lite-build=no
      udev-acl-rules=no
      hpcups-only-build=no
      hpijs-only-build=no

      Current contents of '/var/lib/hp/hplip.state' file:
      [plugin]
      installed = 1
      eula = 1

      Current contents of '~/.hplip/hplip.conf' file:
      [installation]
      date_time = 08/03/2011 13:49:30
      version = 3.11.7

      [settings]
      systray_visible = 0
      systray_messages = 0

      [last_used]
      device_uri = "hp:/usb/HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP?serial=000000000QH41P3BSI1c"
      printer_name = HP-LaserJet-Professional-M1132-MFP
      working_dir = .

      [commands]
      scan = /usr/bin/xsane -V %SANE_URI%

      [refresh]
      rate = 30
      enable = false
      type = 1

      [polling]
      enable = false
      interval = 5
      device_list =

      [fax]
      voice_phone =
      email_address =

      --------------------------
      | DISCOVERED USB DEVICES |
      --------------------------

      No devices found.

      ---------------------------------
      | INSTALLED CUPS PRINTER QUEUES |
      ---------------------------------

      HP-LaserJet-Professional-M1132-MFP
      ----------------------------------
      Type: Printer
      Device URI: hp:/usb/HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP?serial=000000000QH41P3BSI1c
      PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/HP-LaserJet-Professional-M1132-MFP.ppd
      PPD Description: HP LaserJet Professional m1132 MFP, hpcups 3.11.7, requires proprietary plugin
      Printer status: printer HP-LaserJet-Professional-M1132-MFP disabled since Tue 02 Aug 201Rendering completed
      Required plug-in status: Installed
      error: Unable to communicate with device (code=12): hp:/usb/HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP?serial=000000000QH41P3BSI1c
      error: Device not found
      error: Communication status: Failed

      HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP
      ----------------------------------
      Type: Printer
      Device URI: hp:/usb/HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP?serial=000000000QH41P3BSI1c
      PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP.ppd
      PPD Description: HP LaserJet Professional m1132 MFP, hpcups 3.11.7, requires proprietary plugin
      Printer status: printer HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP disabled since Wed 03 Aug 201Rendering completed
      Required plug-in status: Installed
      error: Unable to communicate with device (code=12): hp:/usb/HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP?serial=000000000QH41P3BSI1c
      error: Device not found
      error: Communication status: Failed

      ----------------------
      | SANE CONFIGURATION |
      ----------------------

      'hpaio' in '/etc/sane.d/dll.conf'...
      OK, found. SANE backend 'hpaio' is properly set up.

      Checking output of 'scanimage -L'...

      ---------------------
      | PYTHON EXTENSIONS |
      ---------------------

      Checking 'cupsext' CUPS extension...
      OK, found.

      Checking 'pcardext' Photocard extension...
      OK, found.

      Checking 'hpmudext' I/O extension...
      OK, found.

      Checking 'scanext' SANE scanning extension...
      OK, found.

      -----------------
      | USB I/O SETUP |
      -----------------

      Checking for permissions of USB attached printers...

      HP Device 0x42a at 001:003:
      Device URI: hp:/usb/HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1132_MFP?serial=000000000QH41P3BSI1c
      Device node: /dev/bus/usb/001/003
      Mode: 0660
      # file: dev/bus/usb/001/003
      # owner: root
      # group: lp
      user::rw-
      user:ragesh:rw-
      group::rw-
      mask::rw-
      other::---

      ---------------
      | USER GROUPS |
      ---------------

      ragesh sys lp wheel

      -----------
      | SUMMARY |
      -----------

      error: 2 errors and/or warnings.

      Please refer to the installation instructions at:
      http://hplip.sourceforge.net/install/index.html

      Done.
    • ipsr group
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
        hi all
        answer a simple question and win Rs.5000/- ( INR)
        http://www.ipsr.org/questform.aspx

        regards
        ipsr