Workshop on Open Source Mailing Solution [Zimbra]

  • John Joseph
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2010
      Hi All

      A work shop on open source based mail server solution by DestinationOpenSource (http://destinationopensource.com) is going to be conducted on coming Wednesday 6.30 pm at BurDubai . The target audience are MS support people with little or no experience in Linux . During the workshop , it will be shown how to setup a zimbra mail server .

      Due to lack of space maximum attendees is limited to five ,those interested need to register by sending email to jjk_saji@... with their name and contact details . The registration is free

      Please do pass this info to MS exchange support guys.
      We will be posting the map of the location to the mailing list and the site very soon
      requesting your co-operation
      Thanks

      Joseph John
    • Zafar Pravaiz
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2010
        Hi John

        This is nice to hear that some one is pushing Zimbra here in this region. We are using Zimbra in our University (American University of Sharjah) for more then 7000 mailbox and i can say this is very promising solution. Hope people like it.

        Thanks

        Zafar

        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2010
          Hi Zafar
           Thanks for the info
          Other than mailing solutions , we are going to give workshop on other technologies such VPN server , PDC setup , IP-PBX , etc  targeting MS professionals.
          All the attendees will be given (a) DVD of CentOS (b) Shot notes on the steps to be followed while installing and configuring zimbra
          We aim to make  more and more IT support guys confident in providing open source solutions
               Thanks
                  Joseph John

          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2010
            Good to know finally Zimbra is making it mark, we started Zimbra around 3 years back and were the first Zimbra parter for the region.

            We have done some Zimbra presentations for education sector and government sector in the past and active support zimbra in the UAE.

            Zulfiqar Ali Khan
            Habl Consultancy FZCO

            --
            Habl Consultancy FZCO Zulfiqar Ali Khan
            Managing Partner
            | f:+971.4.3263678 | P.O.Box 213806, Dubai, U.A.E
            The Linux People
          • pradip@ami-me.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2010

              Dear Joseph,

              Thanks for below information. i really like to attend this workshop.but due to time restriction i wan't be able to make but like to request for DVDs/Martial if i can collect or download it
              from internet.if yes please give details.

              is it possible to have next workshop on weekends friday or Saturday. i wil be really very very thankful to you. i am planning to setup VPN server for my web application.

              Please let me know.

              Any and all business undertaken, including advice, information or service provided, whether gratuitously or not, is transacted subject to AMI Middle East LLC’s Standard Trading Conditions, copy of which can be made available upon request or can be viewed on our website : www.ami-me.com.

              Thanks & Regards,

              Pradip V.Bhavsar
              Sr.Executive IT.
              AMI MIDDLE EAST LLC
              P.O.BOX : 32194,
              Dubai. U.A.E.
              Off Tel : +971 4 886 44 54.Ext 1999.
              Off Fax :+971 4 8864489. Attn: Pradip-IT
              Mob.:+971 50 5846298.
              E-mail : pradip@....
              Gtalk ID:- syscon1210@...
              Website: http://www.ami-me.com/.
              AMI International: http://www.ami-worldwide.com/.

              John Joseph <jjk_saji@...>
              Sent by: dubailug@yahoogroups.com

              05/02/2010 03:03 PM

              Please respond to
              dubailug@yahoogroups.com

              dubailug@yahoogroups.com
              cc
              Subject
              Re: [dubailug] Workshop on  Open Source Mailing Solution [Zimbra]

              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2010
                Hi Saji,

                Are you a Zimbra partner as well? If you need any help from us please do let us know.

                Regards

                Zulfiqar Ali Khan
                Habl Consultancy FZCO

                Message 7 of 8 , May 2, 2010
                  Hi Pradip
                  No problem if you are not able to attend the workshop , I can keep a copy of the workshop materials for you .
                  We cannot conduct the workshop on Friday , Saturday or on a holiday , because of the venue arrangement + No of people preferring to attend the workshop on a hoilday is very less
                  Please be in touch for the workshop materials , also please pass on this info to other MS support friends
                  thanks
                  Joseph John

                  E-mail : pradip@ami-me. com.

                  Gtalk ID:- syscon1210@gmail. com

                  John Joseph <jjk_saji@yahoo. com>

                  From: Zafar Pravaiz <zpravaiz@yahoo. com>

                  To: dubailug@yahoogroup s.com

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2010
                    Hi,
                    I would like to be there for meeting but can't make it coz of timing. I'm in the office till 7pm...
                    Just start using Zimbra desktop and was thinking about server. Anyway, I'll just try Googleing :)
                    Have a nice time during meeting :)

                    Best,
                    Jozsef

                    From: Zafar Pravaiz <zpravaiz@yahoo. com>