Re: [dubailug] (unknown)

  • Todd Walton
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
      On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Bipinchandra Ranpura
      <bipin_mr@...> wrote:
      > I am using Ubuntu 9.10 version. I am facing problem while downloading. Whenever i am
      > donwloading anything, I can not surf or check mail. What setting I should make/change
      > so that I can download as well as surf.

      More bandwidth, maybe.

      --
      Todd
    • Sam™
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
        On 26 March 2010 18:23, Bipinchandra Ranpura <bipin_mr@...> wrote:

        > I am using Ubuntu 9.10 version. I am facing problem while downloading. Whenever i am
        > donwloading anything, I can not surf or check mail. What setting I should make/change  so
        > that I can download as well as surf.

        More information please.
        What applications are you running?
        Which mail application?
        Which download application? When you say "downloading", do you mean
        via web browser, or some other port/program (ftp, torrent, etc.)?
        Which browser? What other plug-ins do you have installed that might
        cause a system conflict? Multiple download accelerators?
        Is anything else malfunctioning?
        Do you have the latest patches installed?

        The only issues where I could hypothetically see that happening is if
        you are a) downloading system updates, and trying to run the same
        program you are running the same program you are upgrading, or, as
        Todd says, b) bandwidth issues, or c) insufficient RAM or processor
        speed.

        Sam™