Re: [dubailug] Light a Candle for SUN

  • Todd Walton
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1 4:06 AM
      On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Jama I Barreh <jbarreh@...> wrote:
      > Sun Microsystems, Inc is no more.
      > It is now officially part of Oracle.

      Yeah, I followed a link to doc.sun.com/something and it had Oracle's
      logo at the top. It surprised me.

      I just hope they do good with Solaris. Don't kill Solaris!

      --
      Todd
    • Jama I Barreh
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1 3:37 PM
        As far as I can tell, all the major pieces, including hardware, will be
        remain. The question is how committed Oracle is to Opensource projects such as openSolaris, OpenSparc, mysql, java and others. Promises are that nothing will change, but only time will tell.

        Jama

        Yeah, I followed a link to doc.sun.com/something and it had Oracle's
        logo at the top.  It surprised me.

        I just hope they do good with Solaris.  Don't kill Solaris!

        --
        Todd

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional