Buying Dell E6400 in UAE

  • steve_nigel
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      I want to buy a dell E6400. Its for my personal use. So, I cannot approach Emirates Computer as they want customer with huge orders.

      I found some shops in Bur Dubai selling it, buts its all loaded with Windows, english arabic keyboard and from my understanding, its over priced. It was Dhs.4800.

      My main requirement is:
      1 pc - 2gb ram
      shared graphics
      dos or ubuntu
      only english keyboard
      3 yrs warranty that i can use in UAE

      From checking the prices for laptops in the US, i think the price should be around Dhs.4000 or less. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

      Does anyone know any shops in Dubai where I can buy my laptop from.

      Buying online is an option that i am open to but I am not sure of the procedures. I was told that I will issues with the custom authorities.

      Has any one here bought laptop from online to the uae and was the warranty valid?

      Thanks
      s_n
    • John Joseph
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
        Hi Steve
        Few months back I had seen DOS installed DELL laptop at a shop in Bur Dubai .
        Shop name I do not re-collect , I think it is Computer Depo
        Also I used to receive mail from a hardware vendor about dos installed laptops. I can send you the hardware vendors  email id , once I reach office
           thanks
             Joseph John

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
          On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 00:35 -0800, John Joseph wrote:

          > Hi Steve
          > Few months back I had seen DOS installed DELL laptop at a shop in Bur
          > Dubai .
          > Shop name I do not re-collect , I think it is Computer Depo
          > Also I used to receive mail from a hardware vendor about dos installed
          > laptops. I can send you the hardware vendors email id , once I reach
          > office
          > thanks
          > Joseph John

          My friend purchased Dell with ubuntu a week ago in Al-Ain Center
          (Computer Plaza). It was not E6400 but they might have that model as
          well. The name of the shop is Luckystar Computer and that is the first
          shop from right side when you go inside Computer Plaza on main entrance.

          --
          Best,
          Jozsef Kurucity | Web & Graphic Designer
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
            Thanks Joseph John & Jozsef Kurucity for the response.
            Jozsef,
            I am aware of Lucky star. They only have the windows version & with en& ar keyboard.

            Joseph,
            I am waiting for the companies contact.

            Thanks
            s_n
          • Jozsef
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
              On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 10:47 +0000, steve_nigel wrote:

              > Thanks Joseph John & Jozsef Kurucity for the response.
              > Jozsef,
              > I am aware of Lucky star. They only have the windows version & with
              > en& ar keyboard.
              >
              > Joseph,
              > I am waiting for the companies contact.
              >
              > Thanks
              > s_n

              Guess they don't have E6400 without Windows.
              The keyboard on that Dell of my friend is english only.