Re: dxblug meeting

  • Jayan Varma
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
      Thanks Guys!!!

      It really motivating to hear a positive response.

      Adel thanks If you can arrange the place. Once confirmed we will
      finalize the date and time.

      Jay
    • Adel Ben Zarrouk
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
        Hi Guys,

        Sorry for not getting back to you, I am out side the country for an urgent
        leave, but for sure the location will our office in DIC, Building 12, office
        103, but will arrange later the date and the time.

        Sorry again.

        Regards

        --Adel

        On Sunday 01 June 2008 11:15, Jayan Varma wrote:
        > Thanks Guys!!!
        >
        > It really motivating to hear a positive response.
        >
        > Adel thanks If you can arrange the place. Once confirmed we will
        > finalize the date and time.
        >
        > Jay
      • Jayachandran C
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 4, 2008
          Thanks Adel,

          I was trying to contact you. Any way we will meet soon.

          Just let us know the date and time for the same.

          Jayan

          On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Adel Ben Zarrouk <tech@...> wrote:

          Hi Guys,

          Sorry for not getting back to you, I am out side the country for an urgent
          leave, but for sure the location will our office in DIC, Building 12, office
          103, but will arrange later the date and the time.

          Sorry again.

          Regards

          --Adel

          On Sunday 01 June 2008 11:15, Jayan Varma wrote:
          > Thanks Guys!!!
          >
          > It really motivating to hear a positive response.
          >
          > Adel thanks If you can arrange the place. Once confirmed we will
          > finalize the date and time.
          >
          > Jay

        • Adel Ben Zarrouk
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 8, 2008
            Hello All,

            As promised, we could meet on next Wednesday at 6:00 pm till 8:00 pm in our
            premises which located in Dubai Internet City, Building 12 (Oracle building),
            Office 103.

            Our first meeting will be an open discussion, and lets share our current LUG
            issues and how we could move forward.

            Let me know if you have any other suggestion.

            Regards

            --Adel
          • Brad Campbell
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 9, 2008
              Adel Ben Zarrouk wrote:
              > Hello All,
              >
              > As promised, we could meet on next Wednesday at 6:00 pm till 8:00 pm in our
              > premises which located in Dubai Internet City, Building 12 (Oracle building),
              > Office 103.

              Is that Wed 11th or Wed 18th? Either way I'm there.
              Oracle Building? We'd better contact Habib then, I'm sure he'll want to poke his nose in and say hi.

              Brad
            • Adel Ben Zarrouk
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 9, 2008
                Wed 11th, sorry for not mentioning the exact date.

                On Monday 09 June 2008 17:37, Brad Campbell wrote:
                > Adel Ben Zarrouk wrote:
                > > Hello All,
                > >
                > > As promised, we could meet on next Wednesday at 6:00 pm till 8:00 pm in
                > > our premises which located in Dubai Internet City, Building 12 (Oracle
                > > building), Office 103.
                >
                > Is that Wed 11th or Wed 18th? Either way I'm there.
                > Oracle Building? We'd better contact Habib then, I'm sure he'll want to
                > poke his nose in and say hi.
                >
                > Brad
              • Brad Campbell
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 9, 2008
                  Adel Ben Zarrouk wrote:
                  > Wed 11th, sorry for not mentioning the exact date.

                  No issue. I asked as for me Wed the 11th would be "This Wednesday" and Wed the 18th would be "Next
                  Wednesday". It's always best to clarify these things as cultural and regional differences tend to
                  confuse things a great deal here :)

                  Brad
                • Brad Campbell
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 11, 2008
                    Adel Ben Zarrouk wrote:
                    > Hello All,
                    >
                    > As promised, we could meet on next Wednesday at 6:00 pm till 8:00 pm in our
                    > premises which located in Dubai Internet City, Building 12 (Oracle building),
                    > Office 103.

                    Confirming this is on for tonight? (I'll be there around 20 past 6 - traffic willing)

                    Brad
                  • Brad Campbell
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 11, 2008
                      Brad Campbell wrote:
                      > Adel Ben Zarrouk wrote:
                      >> Hello All,
                      >>
                      >> As promised, we could meet on next Wednesday at 6:00 pm till 8:00 pm in our
                      >> premises which located in Dubai Internet City, Building 12 (Oracle building),
                      >> Office 103.
                      >>

                      > Confirming this is on for tonight? (I'll be there around 20 past 6 - traffic willing)
                      >
                      > Brad

                      Nothing received. Mission Aborted.

                      Brad
                    • Adel Ben Zarrouk
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 11, 2008
                        Yes, it is tonight

                        See you there

                        --Adel

                        On Wednesday 11 June 2008 17:13, Brad Campbell wrote:
                        > Brad Campbell wrote:
                        > > Adel Ben Zarrouk wrote:
                        > >> Hello All,
                        > >>
                        > >> As promised, we could meet on next Wednesday at 6:00 pm till 8:00 pm in
                        > >> our premises which located in Dubai Internet City, Building 12 (Oracle
                        > >> building), Office 103.
                        > >
                        > > Confirming this is on for tonight? (I'll be there around 20 past 6 -
                        > > traffic willing)
                        > >
                        > > Brad
                        >
                        > Nothing received. Mission Aborted.
                        >
                        > Brad
                      • Nadeem M. Khan
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 12, 2008
                          On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Adel Ben Zarrouk <tech@...> wrote:
                          > Yes, it is tonight
                          >
                          > See you there
                          >
                          > --Adel

                          Could someone provide the minutes of this meeting?

                          Regards,
                          NMK.
                        • khaled El Badri
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 12, 2008
                            Dear All,
                            First of all, I would like to thank all the members who have attended
                            the meeting and I want to invite all the absentee members to join us
                            during the next events. It was a pleasure to get introduced to each
                            others and to acquaint oneself with the different opinions about the
                            evolution of the Open source and more specifically about Linux. I want
                            also to take the opportunity to welcome our youngest member Miss John,
                            Joseph's daughter, photo in attachment. She has a big talent to become a
                            Linux Guru!
                            Among the discussions that we have had yesterday, we talked over:
                            - How to make Dubailug more active and vigorous.
                            - How to promote Linux and the open source philosophy in the academic
                            organizations.
                            - How to convince IT people (users, experts and decision maker) about
                            the value of Linux as a production system not only as a passion and hobby.
                            - How to introduce Linux as a valuable choice to the youngster.
                            We've agreed to
                            - Schedule some recurrent events were we can invite IT people, students,
                            community, press ... and show some Linux based demonstrations that
                            tackle current IT and business issues.
                            - Visit some Academic institutions in the UAE and introduce the Linux
                            community.
                            - Adel Ben Zarrouk, has committed to get a sponsorship from Opennet MEA
                            in collaboration with Redhat
                            - John, will be looking to some other potential sponsors.
                            - The next step will be prepared by Adel and John in coordination with
                            all the other members.
                            Finally I want to emphasis that your collaboration and involvement are
                            highly appreciated and we look forward to your feedback.
                            Kind regards

                            Here is the minutes of our meeting.

                            --

                            Khaled El Badri
                            Learning services manager
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 12, 2008
                              On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 3:32 PM, khaled El Badri <tech@...> wrote:
                              > Dear All,
                              > First of all, I would like to thank all the members who have attended
                              > the meeting and I want to invite all the absentee members to join us
                              > during the next events.

                              Its a pity is missed it. Would have loved to be there.
                              Are there any chances of the next meeting being held on a Thursday evening?

                              Regards,
                              NMK.