[Announcement] Safesquid Version 4.2.2.RC8.2 released

  • safewithus
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2008
      Hello friends,

      SafeSquid, Linux based Content Filtering Internet Proxy, Version
      4.2.2.RC8.2 has been released.

      Highlights:
      A memory leak in request forwarding has been fixed. The disk cleaning
      mechanism has been rolled back. Logs have been fixed to report
      "username@IP_ADDRESS". Crashing due to incompatible values set in the
      global sub-section has been fixed. Repeated authentication challenges
      have been fixed. cProfiles (a Web site profiler) has been added. The
      SafeSquid init script has been enhanced. Automatic log rotation has
      been improved. There are major optimizations to allow handling of more
      than 1024 concurrent sockets. There are optimizations in the automatic
      creation of directives for Monit.

      Check 'Changelog' on the SafeSquid Forum for details.

      Cheers.
    • globalneel
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2008
        Hi Frieds,

        Can I setup Squid to use on windows network for having details of
        users, who is transferring how much data and where on internet ?

        Please provide help If you have options other than Squid also.

        Neelesh

        --- In dubailug@yahoogroups.com, "safewithus" <safewithus@...> wrote:

        > Hello friends,
        >
        > SafeSquid, Linux based Content Filtering Internet Proxy, Version
        > 4.2.2.RC8.2 has been released.
        >
        > Highlights:
        > A memory leak in request forwarding has been fixed. The disk cleaning
        > mechanism has been rolled back. Logs have been fixed to report
        > "username@IP_ADDRESS". Crashing due to incompatible values set in the
        > global sub-section has been fixed. Repeated authentication challenges
        > have been fixed. cProfiles (a Web site profiler) has been added. The
        > SafeSquid init script has been enhanced. Automatic log rotation has
        > been improved. There are major optimizations to allow handling of more
        > than 1024 concurrent sockets. There are optimizations in the automatic
        > creation of directives for Monit.
        >
        > Check 'Changelog' on the SafeSquid Forum for details.
        >
        > Cheers.

      • Todd Walton
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2008
          On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:41 AM, globalneel <kpneelesh@...> wrote:
          > Can I setup Squid to use on windows network for having details of
          > users, who is transferring how much data and where on internet ?

          I don't think Squid does well for logging. It mostly does filters and proxies.

          -todd