Re: [dubailug] streaming video on site

  • ipsr group
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2007
      hello members

      we would like to show an event live on our website. we use joomla for web development.

      please any one who has any experience in doing the above suggest the hardware and software requirements

      regards
      ipsr
      http://ipsr.org/award2006.asp

      Praveen Puthanveettil <ind_praveen@...> wrote:
      Dear friends,

      Gulf News, Saturday, November 7,  Business, Technology page No 41 says that Microsoft Gulf is the top Performer of the empire called Microsoft. A must read for all linux enthusiasts.

      Do we need to say more?

      Get the new Windows Live Messenger! Try it!

    • Moeen A
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2007
        You can use internet cams which show their images on
        the web, and use their code in your own site.
        Just be sure to enable DMZ or Portforwarding or have a
        valid IP for your internet cam.
        And use a Dynamic DNS to not miss the connection after
        changing IP Address.

        Another method is using some applications like
        "webcam" in Linux which uploads the webcam image using
        ftp with a specified frequency, and you can show them
        frequently using a javascript code in your own site.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2007

          --- ipsr group <ipsrktm@...> wrote:

          > hello members
          >
          > we would like to show an event live on our
          > website. we use joomla for web development.
          >
          > please any one who has any experience in doing the
          > above suggest the hardware and software requirements
          >
          > regards
          > ipsr
          > http://ipsr.org/award2006.asp

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • S.M.H. Hamidi
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2007
            Hi,

            Could you specify your requirements with more detials?
            To respond your question we need to know what is your
            input video device and how many visitor do you want to
            support?

            Regards,

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 14, 2007
              "S.M.H. Hamidi" <hosseinhamidi@...> wrote:

              we haven't decided the input device

              take 2 scenarios
               web cam

              video camera

              no of viewers say 10 000

              regards
              ipsr

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 21, 2007
                Hi,

                I know two Open Source solutions for video streaming:

                1- Videolan which is a well-known package and supports
                many formats. (http://www.videolan.org)

                2- Rًed5, Open Source flash server, which is capable
                of streaming. (http://osflash.org/red5)

                I think Videolan is more stable and mature.

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs