Which Linux on T60?

  • Haider Tuaima
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      Dear LUG,

      I got an IBM/Lenovo T60 from work and would like to put Linux on it, after some googling I haven't found a good site on the subject other than installing Gentoo, Debian or Ubuntu, distros of which I'd rather not install.

      Any success stories if SuSE, Fedora or Mandriva being installed and dual booted with Windows would be appreciated. (I wouldn't rule out DesktopBSD either)

      here are the T60 specs:

      • Make/Model: Lenovo T60 (Model 2008-CTO)
      • Processor: Intel Core Duo (Centrino Duo) T2400 @ 1.83GHz, 2048 KiB L2 Cache
      • Graphics: ATI X1400 w/64MiB DDR-1 Video RAM
      • Memory: 1024MB
      • Storage: Hitachi 60GB 5400RPM SATA Disk Drive
      • Optical Drive: CDRW/DVD Drive (HL-DT-STCD-RW/DVD DRI)
      • Audio: Intel HD Audio Chipset
      • Wireless Networking: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
      • Wired Networking: Intel 82573L Gigabit Ethernet
      • Peripheral Networking: Bluetooth
      Thanks
      8^)
      Haider

    • dandantheitman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
        On 01/07/06, Haider Tuaima <htuaima@...> wrote:

        > Dear LUG,
        >
        > I got an IBM/Lenovo T60 from work and would like to put Linux on it, after some googling I haven't found a good site on the subject other than installing Gentoo, Debian or Ubuntu, distros of which I'd rather not install.
        >
        > Any success stories if SuSE, Fedora or Mandriva being installed and dual booted with Windows would be appreciated. (I wouldn't rule out DesktopBSD either)
        >
        > here are the T60 specs:
        > Make/Model: Lenovo T60 (Model 2008-CTO)
        > Processor: Intel Core Duo (Centrino Duo) T2400 @ 1.83GHz, 2048 KiB L2 Cache
        > Graphics: ATI X1400 w/64MiB DDR-1 Video RAM
        > Memory: 1024MB
        > Storage: Hitachi 60GB 5400RPM SATA Disk Drive
        > Optical Drive: CDRW/DVD Drive (HL-DT-STCD-RW/DVD DRI)
        > Audio: Intel HD Audio Chipset
        > Wireless Networking: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
        > Wired Networking: Intel 82573L Gigabit Ethernet
        > Peripheral Networking: Bluetooth Thanks
        > 8^)
        > Haider

        HI Haider,

        I recommend that you head over to http://www.thinkwiki.org there you
        will find a list of lenovo / IBM thinkpads and also a list of
        discussions and hows to for your favourite OS. Currently they have
        how tos on Ubuntu (Dapper Drake) and Fedora Core 5 on the T60.

        daN

        " They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
        deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin 1706 - 1790