thepiratebay shutdown

  • Abdul Ahad
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1 12:02 AM
      Whos next?

      http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=1590
      http://news.google.com.sg/news?q=piratebay%20&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

      Yesterday ,Swedish Govt. sealed the piratebay,one of the largest torrent tracker.check their site too..

      Regards,

      Abdul Ahad

    • dandantheitman
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1 3:12 AM
        On 01/06/06, Abdul Ahad <ahad.abdul@...> wrote:

        > Whos next?
        >
        > http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=1590
        > http://news.google.com.sg/news?q=piratebay%20&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

        Bit of a shame especially I have used the pirate bay for loads of
        goodies, however the sweedish men who were arrested have said that
        they will move country if the government forces them to close down for
        good.

        daN

        " They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
        deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin 1706 - 1790
      • Todd Walton
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2 6:01 AM
          On 6/1/06, Abdul Ahad <ahad.abdul@...> wrote:
          > Yesterday ,Swedish Govt. sealed the piratebay,one of the largest torrent tracker.check their site too..

          What kind of torrents did they track? Pirated stuff?

          -todd
        • dandantheitman
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3 1:43 AM
            On 02/06/06, Todd Walton <tdwalton@...> wrote:
            > On 6/1/06, Abdul Ahad <ahad.abdul@...> wrote:
            > > Yesterday ,Swedish Govt. sealed the piratebay,one of the largest torrent tracker.check their site too..
            >
            > What kind of torrents did they track? Pirated stuff?
            >
            > -todd

            All kinds, pirated - Yes (i.e. microsoft office, windows, adobe
            photoshop), they also tracked stuff that was slightly on the fringe
            (i.e. microsoft vista etc). You could also get movies, tv shows etc.

            daN

            " They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
            deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin 1706 - 1790
          • Manu Abraham
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4 3:10 AM
              dandantheitman wrote:
              > On 02/06/06, Todd Walton <tdwalton@...> wrote:
              >
              >> On 6/1/06, Abdul Ahad <ahad.abdul@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>> Yesterday ,Swedish Govt. sealed the piratebay,one of the largest torrent tracker.check their site too..
              >>>
              >> What kind of torrents did they track? Pirated stuff?
              >>
              >> -todd
              >>

              > All kinds, pirated - Yes (i.e. microsoft office, windows, adobe
              > photoshop), they also tracked stuff that was slightly on the fringe
              > (i.e. microsoft vista etc). You could also get movies, tv shows etc.

              Leechy Leechy Dan !
            • dandantheitman
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 4 7:13 AM
                On 04/06/06, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@...> wrote:
                > Leechy Leechy Dan !

                HEY,

                Seeing as I never disclosed exactly what I did download I don't think
                you have any right to say leech leechy dan!!! :)

                I own zero pirated software, zero pirated movies and zero pirated
                mp3s. I used the pirate bay to download apps or operating systems if I
                need to test stuff.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 4 9:45 PM
                  seems bay is back...

                  site opens now but a search says...

                  "The search function will be back later today."

                  rgds,

                  AAH

                • Abdul Ahad
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 4 9:47 PM
                  • Manu Abraham
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 6 1:52 AM
                      dandantheitman wrote:
                      > On 04/06/06, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> Leechy Leechy Dan !
                      >>

                      > HEY,
                      >
                      > Seeing as I never disclosed exactly what I did download I don't think
                      > you have any right to say leech leechy dan!!! :)

                      Heh heh, lol. I see a tinge of paint .. ;-)

                      Had been a tad too busy to read in ML mails. Had been working on the new
                      DVB-S2/DSS/DVB-H multiprotocol delivery system frontend API support and
                      a DVB-S2 driver (www.linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/stb0899)

                      We managed to reach an agreement finally, after ~ 6 months of debates ..
                      Phew ..
                      Additionally added DSS and DVB-H too in the meantime
                      http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-June/010670.html

                      Patch is here ..
                      http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.dvb/26246/match=multi

                      We can soon have DVB-S2 -- H.264/AVC (MPEG 4 part 10) over satellite
                      soon, making use of High Definition Digital broadcasts over satellite,
                      under Linux.

                      Manu