Re: [dubailug] Lookout Knoppix

  • Cgull Charlie
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
      Haider Tuaima wrote:

      >Before anyone tells me about using Evolution with the connector, I would
      >like to point out that our Exchange is version 5.5 with no POP3 and no
      >web access due to policies so it wont work, and for security reasons

      Plus that connector doesnt work with the hosted version of Exchange when
      I last checked.
      And anyway evolution is a right pain. I tried it for about 6 months and
      dumped it to go back to Thunderbird.
      Evolution is not portable, Thunderbird is. Apart from being a
      promiscuous virus spreader, Outlook is a pretty slick email client.

      cGull
    • Haider Tuaima
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
        Manoj Menon wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > --- Haider Tuaima <htuaima@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I didn't succeed in implementing IPX on Linux
        > > because I couldn't find a
        > > solution to linking to a Windows domain server with
        > > NWLink
        >
        > Just curious. Have you tried ncpfs/ipxutils ?
        >
        > In case you havn't, you might want to look at this
        > page.
        > http://www.tprthai.net/nwlinux.htm
        >
        > -Manoj.C

        Manoj,

        Yes I have searched and tried, but failed to authenticate myself with
        our domain server, AFAIK ncpfs/ipxutils works well with a proper Netware
        server, and will not work with Microsoft's copy of NWLink/IPX.

        8^)
        Haider