Dubai LUG Meeting, 8/10/2005, 6:30 pm

  • dubailug@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
      Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of dubailug
      Dubai LUG Meeting

      Wednesday August 10, 2005
      6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
      This event does not repeat.

      Event Location: ExecuTrain of Dubai
      Notes:
      It is on Office Court Building , 1'st floor

      Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
    • Manoj Menon
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
        Hi everybody,

        Do we have an agenda, yet ?

        -Manoj.C

        --- dubailug@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Reminder from the Calendar of dubailug
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dubailug/cal
        >
        > Dubai LUG Meeting
        > Wednesday August 10, 2005
        > 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
        > (This event does not repeat.)
        > Event Location: ExecuTrain of Dubai
        >
        > Notes:
        > It is on Office Court Building , 1'st floor
        >

        > Set up birthday reminders!

        > Copyright 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved.
        > http://www.yahoo.com
        >
        > Privacy Policy:
        > http://privacy.yahoo.com/
        >
        > Terms of Service:
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • SURESH BALASUBRAMANIAN
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
          HI,

          Can any one brief me on how to reach the location (by bus). I am "new" to dubai.

          Bye,
          Suresh.
          Ajman

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • dubai_lug_acct
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
            --- In dubailug@yahoogroups.com, Manoj Menon <manojcmenon@y...> wrote:
            > Do we have an agenda, yet ?

            Hi all from Starbucks Verdun in Beirut. I move to just discuss the
            LUG's operations at this meeting.

            In the year I've been a member we've had public events, but no actual
            meetings pertinent to the life of the group. We need to have more
            formal meetings where a core group of members sits at a conference
            table in addition to the standard events. I guarantee you this won't
            take the fun out of this group!

            Thanks to the founders of the LUG we're already in the right
            direction with a Charter, but more depth is needed along with systems
            to measure our actions/accomplishments towards it. I know how
            important this is: I've served on many clubs back in college. Check
            this out:

            Democracy style
            http://lug.umbc.edu/constitution.html
            http://linux0.cs.uaf.edu/constitution.html

            Parliamentary style constitutions
            http://www.linux.org.hk/en/org/constitution
            http://www.lugs.org.sg/documents/downloads/C0058036-0166_199401.pdf

            So how about it? Everyone is encouraged to review these, make a draft
            of ideas for adapting it to ours, and raising them at the meeting.

            On a related note, everyone here should buy Robert's Rules of Order
            from Amazon for an easy hands-on introduction to how any organization
            (inlcuding our LUG) would operate more effectively and therefore
            accomplish more in a shorter period of time. For a preview you can
            skim through my personal copy, just email me off list.
          • dandantheitman
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
              On 8/1/05, dubai_lug_acct <dubai_lug_acct@...> wrote:
              > --- In dubailug@yahoogroups.com, Manoj Menon <manojcmenon@y...> wrote:
              > > Do we have an agenda, yet ?
              >
              > Hi all from Starbucks Verdun in Beirut. I move to just discuss the
              > LUG's operations at this meeting.
              >
              > In the year I've been a member we've had public events, but no actual
              > meetings pertinent to the life of the group. We need to have more
              > formal meetings where a core group of members sits at a conference
              > table in addition to the standard events. I guarantee you this won't
              > take the fun out of this group!
              >
              > Thanks to the founders of the LUG we're already in the right
              > direction with a Charter,

              ha ha ha, are you having delusions ?

              daN

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
                Trying to find , some one to make a presentation
                hope my evening I can post to the mailing list

                --- Manoj Menon <manojcmenon@...> wrote:

                > Hi everybody,
                >
                > Do we have an agenda, yet ?
                >
                > -Manoj.C
                >
                > --- dubailug@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                >

                > > Reminder from the Calendar of dubailug
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dubailug/cal
                > >
                > > Dubai LUG Meeting
                > > Wednesday August 10, 2005
                > > 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
                > > (This event does not repeat.)
                > > Event Location: ExecuTrain of Dubai
                > >
                > > Notes:
                > > It is on Office Court Building , 1'st floor
                > >

                > > Set up birthday reminders!

                > > Copyright 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                > > http://www.yahoo.com
                > >
                > > Privacy Policy:
                > > http://privacy.yahoo.com/
                > >
                > > Terms of Service:
                > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

              • John Joseph
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
                  After reaching BurDubai or Diera

                  1> take any bus 33 , 44, 3 ,5 ,42
                  Get down Near St Marry Church , there
                  you can ask for office court building , near the round
                  about

                  2> From Diera , U can take Bus no 5 , get down
                  near St Mary church and aks for office cour building
                  Thanks
                  Joseph John

                  --- SURESH BALASUBRAMANIAN

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
                    Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of dubailug
                    Dubai LUG Meeting

                    Wednesday August 10, 2005
                    6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
                    This event does not repeat.

                    Event Location: ExecuTrain of Dubai
                    Notes:
                    It is on Office Court Building , 1'st floor
                    Agenda

                    7.00 pm
                    Presentation by Mr Harish Sajani of Max-Virtual , on Open Source , What his his view on How success Open Source implementation in commercial software development

                    7.30pm
                    Discussion about the CD distribution project ,

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
                      --- In dubailug@yahoogroups.com, dandantheitman <dandantheitman@g...>
                      wrote:
                      > ha ha ha, are you having delusions ?

                      Heyyyyyyy it's gotta be played with corporatealese. So unless someone
                      has a BETTER idea (NOT self-excommunication or all-out-resistance-is-
                      futile-coup-de-lug), then someone needs to brush up on their
                      http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html.

                      Come next meeting I'll be clutching Rob's Rules tightly to my heart.
                      Dan you are hereby dared to put up a poll for greater LUG
                      organizational structure. Like elected officers of subcomittees with
                      actions. And if a popular vote doesn't cut it, then this will:

                      Poor John Joseph you're putting in all this effort into taking the LUG
                      places but you don't get the results you're looking for. Don't you want
                      to elevate the status of the LUG, to get everyone working together and
                      triple our Active membership base? Just how many linux users are out
                      there in Dubai who never heard of this LUG?

                      Eat that. If this doesn't fly then I will put my tail between my legs
                      and may the force be with us all.
                    • John Joseph
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
                        Habib
                        As soon as u come back from vacation , we can
                        discuss this
                        Thanks for taking initiative
                        Thanks
                        Joseph John

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                          On 8/2/05, dubai_lug_acct <dubai_lug_acct@...> wrote:
                          > --- In dubailug@yahoogroups.com, dandantheitman <dandantheitman@g...>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > Come next meeting I'll be clutching Rob's Rules tightly to my heart.
                          > Dan you are hereby dared to put up a poll for greater LUG
                          > organizational structure. Like elected officers of subcomittees with
                          > actions. And if a popular vote doesn't cut it, then this will:

                          Yeah Habib,
                          well I double dog dare you to post the poll ? Although I am a big fan
                          of the poll, so maybe I shall do the poll thing.

                          daN

                          " They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
                          deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin 1706 - 1790
                        • Jacob Joseph
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                            Yeah, Lets Poll and get this over with.

                            Jacob

                            www.jacobjoseph.com

                          • dubailug@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                              Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of dubailug
                              Dubai LUG Meeting

                              Wednesday August 10, 2005
                              6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
                              This event does not repeat.

                              Event Location: ExecuTrain of Dubai
                              Notes:
                              It is on Office Court Building , 1'st floor
                              Agenda

                              7.00 pm
                              Presentation by Mr Harish Sajani of Max-Virtual , on Open Source , What his views on How success Open Source implementation in commercial software development

                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 9, 2005
                                Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of dubailug
                                Dubai LUG Meeting

                                Wednesday August 10, 2005
                                6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
                                This event does not repeat.
                                The next reminder for this event will be sent in 12 hours, 4 minutes.

                                Event Location: ExecuTrain of Dubai
                                Notes:
                                It is on Office Court Building , 1'st floor
                                Agenda

                                7.00 pm
                                Presentation by Mr Harish Sajani of Max-Virtual , on Open Source , What his views on How success Open Source implementation in commercial software development

                                7.30pm
                                Discussion about the CD distribution project ,

                                click here