Re: [dubailug] Cyrus IMAP integration Postfix with Maildir

  • vishweshwar rao
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2005
      Dear Manu,
      I am having Redhat Enterprise AS 3.0 CDROMS ( 1 to 4)
      and i could not find any RPM of cyrus-imap or courier
      imap in them.
      If you are referring to any other CDROM please provide
      its title...

      Rao

      --- Manu Abraham <manu@...> wrote:
      > vishweshwar rao wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear All,
      > >
      > > I am facing problem installing Cyrus-imap on
      > Redhat
      > > Enterprise AS 3.0 using Postfix as MTA with
      > maildir.
      > >
      > > I have installed the required kerberos libraries
      > and
      > > SSL libraries that are given with Redhat
      > distribution.
      > > but i am getting compilation error in header file
      > > ...krb5.h and ssl.h ...sytanx errrors that i
      > cannot
      > > correct.
      > Why don't you use the RPM's ? Since all the packages
      > what you need (in
      > your case) is neatly compiled and packaged, in the
      > distro.
      >

      > > i have also tried with courier imap to meet my
      > > requirement but the source RPM build is failing
      > giving
      > > error at the ...make stage
      > >
      > > In case if any one has done the integration of
      > either
      > > Courier IMAP or Cyrus IMAP on Redhat ES/AS 3.0
      > ,kindly
      > There had been a lot of discussion on the very same
      > issue..
      >
      > I think the RPM way would be easier, rather than
      > building from source,
      > since RHEL, the kernel as well as the packages are
      > heavily patched, and
      > recompiling from source might not be an easy
      > solution, if one is not
      > aware of what exactly it is.
      >
      > Manu

    • Manu Abraham
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        vishweshwar rao wrote:
        > Dear Manu,
        > I am having Redhat Enterprise AS 3.0 CDROMS ( 1 to 4)
        > and i could not find any RPM of cyrus-imap or courier
        > imap in them.
        > If you are referring to any other CDROM please provide
        > its title...
        Or you can download , do a search on rpmfind..

        A build on WBEL/Centos also would equally suffice..

        http://www.hughesjr.com/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,34/task,view_category/catid,15/order,dmdate_published/ascdesc,DESC/

        Manu
      • mifthas haris
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
          On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 05:06 +0000, vishweshwar rao wrote:
          > Dear Manu,
          > I am having Redhat Enterprise AS 3.0 CDROMS ( 1 to 4)
          > and i could not find any RPM of cyrus-imap or courier
          > imap in them.
          > If you are referring to any other CDROM please provide
          > its title...

          you may try the source rpms from the following
          link viz., heard it works fine.

          http://invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/
          http://invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-sasl/

          I would like to know if it is a success.

          regards
          mifthas