Help For PHP

  • John Joseph
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 2, 2004
      Dear Friends
      Happy New year to all of you
      I am looking for the book
      "PHP Essentials by Julie Meloni "
      If any one has this book please help me by
      lending this book to me
      Thanks
      Joseph John

    • George C John
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 2, 2004
        hi,
        > "PHP Essentials by Julie Meloni "
        > If any one has this book please help me by
        > lending this book to me
        if you looking For PHP help
        the PHP Manual is very exhaustive,and it will give Umore insight than any
        books.it is available for download also in
        http://www.php.net/download-docs.php

        hope this will help.
        George

        ---
      • John Joseph
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 2, 2004
          George
          This book "PHP Essentials by Julie Meloni " is
          full of small small programs , which clear the basics
          and gives confidence to the learner
          I need the book for clearing concepts ,
          doing programs step by step
          Thanks
          Joseph John K

          --- George C John <josemuj@...> wrote: >
          hi,
          > > "PHP Essentials by Julie Meloni "
          > > If any one has this book please help
          > me by
          > > lending this book to me
          > if you looking For PHP help
          > the PHP Manual is very exhaustive,and it will give
          > Umore insight than any
          > books.it is available for download also in
          > http://www.php.net/download-docs.php
          >
          > hope this will help.
          > George
          >

          > ---
          > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
          > (http://www.grisoft.com).
          > Date: 26-12-03

        • George C John
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 3, 2004
            > This book "PHP Essentials by Julie Meloni " is
            > full of small small programs , which clear the basics
            > and gives confidence to the learner
            > I need the book for clearing concepts ,
            > doing programs step by step

            hi,

            Try the site www.php.net it has a all the above from Sample scripts to how
            Tos

            I think best approach will be to search for HowTos and get the basics and
            them use the PHPManuals.(its tough to get around with it once U get used to
            it no book can replace it) and it always up-to date with the latest
            versions.
            here is link to find some help in this regard
            http://www.onlyphp.com/browse.php?cat=6
            this site has scripts some are free or require membership worth a look.

            George

            ---
          • John Joseph
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 3, 2004
              Hello Friends
              The poll for the LUG meting location has been
              polled by 22 members, We request the new comers and
              others who have not polled to participate in the poll
              and give your options for the LUG meting location,
              the url for the poll is

              Wed evening. 4 pm the poll will be closed,
              after getting the result we can decide the location

              Thanks
              Joseph John

            • linux uae
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 4, 2004
                hi john,
                what happened is status abt the Acer and linux.According to my knowledge they had plan to launcha pre-installed linux box (proxy+mailgateway+firewall+file /print sharing all in one machine)a year ago and for some reasons they held back.
                what is their new plans .
                Regards
                linuxdxb

                John Joseph <jjk_saji@...> wrote:
                Dear Friends
                Today when I had checked the Gulf News
                , I had seen the supplement add of Acer , I was
                happy to see them bringing out two model with
                pre-installed Linux . This is proof that PC vendors
                need to see Linux OS as pre-installed Desktop. I will
                call them up after some time and enquire more about
                this
                Thanks
                Joseph John

                http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511