File - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  • dubailug@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
    • dubailug@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
      • dubailug@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2005
        • dubailug@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 1, 2005
          • dubailug@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2005
            • dubailug@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
              • Dirk Tilger
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 3, 2005
                  --- dubailug@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                  I like the sending date. :-D

                  BTW, for those who have missed them. The latest Internet RFC:

                  RFC4041: Requirements for Morality Sections in Routing Area Drafts
                  ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4041.txt

                  RFC4042: UTF-9 and UTF-18, Efficient Transformation Formats of Unicode
                  ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4042.txt

                  Dir*g*.
                • kumar@huta.com.sa
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 3, 2005

                    Hi,

                    We have Oracle working in Windows and would like to migrate to Linux Advanced Server 3.0 and in this case, I need to learn Linux. Can someone send me the site addresses from where I can learn Linux and get help for Linux OS.

                    Regards

                    Kumar
                  • Abdul Ahad
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                      On Apr 4, 2005 11:09 AM, kumar@... <kumar@...> wrote:

                      > send me the site addresses from where I can learn Linux and get help for
                      > Linux OS.

                      http://www.tldp.org/

                      http://www.linux.org/docs/index.html

                      and

                      http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/books/wrox/2874_chap15.pdf

                      will be a good start.

                      Regards,

                      Abdul Ahad.H
                    • dandantheitman
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                        On Apr 4, 2005 9:39 AM, kumar@... <kumar@...> wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > We have Oracle working in Windows and would like to migrate to Linux
                        > Advanced Server 3.0 and in this case, I need to learn Linux. Can someone
                        > send me the site addresses from where I can learn Linux and get help for
                        > Linux OS.
                        >
                        > Regards
                        >
                        > Kumar

                        I recommend you start with the vendors. Speak to habib (he posts to
                        the LUG) he should be able to help you out with the Oracle and
                        possibly recommend a training partner for you. As you have said that
                        you are using the "linux advanced server 3.0" I am going to take a
                        wild stab in the dark and say that you are using red hat (rh). In
                        which case Imed works for the master distributor for RH and can
                        probably go ahead and do the migration for you, and provide you with
                        solution specific training.

                        As you are just starting down the linux road I recommend that you
                        consider getting a third party company to do the linux / oracle
                        installation and migration. Linux is not an easy OS to just pick up,
                        and Oracle requires a lot of tunning.

                        If you decided that you want to install yourself then ask RH for some
                        prefered training partners. I know that Novell (SuSE Linux) uses New
                        Horizons and Engimatis to do the training.

                        Oracle have the Oracle University and should most probably be able to
                        provide you with some elearning stuff, if required.

                        daN

                        --
                        ___________________________________
                        " Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                          Since you are using Advanced Server (which I'm assuming is the Red Hat
                          product) you can get the official documentation to compliment any
                          training (or to be used as training itself, though I recommend you do
                          not train yourself on the live system *wink*) from here:
                          http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/

                          Hope that helps

                          Musa

                          On Apr 4, 2005 6:02 AM, dandantheitman <dandantheitman@...> wrote:
                          > On Apr 4, 2005 9:39 AM, kumar@... <kumar@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi,
                          > >
                          > > We have Oracle working in Windows and would like to migrate to Linux
                          > > Advanced Server 3.0 and in this case, I need to learn Linux. Can someone
                          > > send me the site addresses from where I can learn Linux and get help for
                          > > Linux OS.
                          > >
                          > > Regards
                          > >
                          > > Kumar
                          >
                          > I recommend you start with the vendors. Speak to habib (he posts to
                          > the LUG) he should be able to help you out with the Oracle and
                          > possibly recommend a training partner for you. As you have said that
                          > you are using the "linux advanced server 3.0" I am going to take a
                          > wild stab in the dark and say that you are using red hat (rh). In
                          > which case Imed works for the master distributor for RH and can
                          > probably go ahead and do the migration for you, and provide you with
                          > solution specific training.
                          >
                          > As you are just starting down the linux road I recommend that you
                          > consider getting a third party company to do the linux / oracle
                          > installation and migration. Linux is not an easy OS to just pick up,
                          > and Oracle requires a lot of tunning.
                          >
                          > If you decided that you want to install yourself then ask RH for some
                          > prefered training partners. I know that Novell (SuSE Linux) uses New
                          > Horizons and Engimatis to do the training.
                          >
                          > Oracle have the Oracle University and should most probably be able to
                          > provide you with some elearning stuff, if required.
                          >
                          > daN
                          >
                          > --

                          Musa Williams
                          Unix Systems Architect