what do you need to be come a dsp eng.

  • Hello
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
      I want to be a DSP engineer but can't understand the
      advance mathematics part. Can any body in this group
      help me find a good introductory book on the following
      subject.

      Adaptive filtering
      Statical Signal processing.

      please give any advice you might have...

      Thanks for your time

      sam

      P.s.
      I have no problem with the basic theory of DSP such as
      FIR,IIR, Laplace, fourier, and Z- transform, my
      problem is the advance mathematical topic needed to
      understand the subject.

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • satya ghosh
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
        Hai,
        The following are the best books for the subjects
        mentioned by u.
        "Adaptive Filter Theory" By Simon Haykin(4th ed)

        S. M. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal
        Processing-Estimation Theory. part 1

        S. M. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal
        Processing-Detection Theory. part 2.

        But to appreciate the mathematical part in Advanced
        Signal Processing one must have strong background in
        Stochastic Process and as well as in Linear Algebra.

        If u have any further Queries feel free to mail me.

        Regards,
        Satya Ghosh

        --- Hello <halifos@...> wrote:
        > I want to be a DSP engineer but can't understand the
        > advance mathematics part. Can any body in this group
        > help me find a good introductory book on the
        > following
        > subject.
        >
        > Adaptive filtering
        > Statical Signal processing.
        >
        > please give any advice you might have...
        >
        > Thanks for your time
        >
        > sam
        >
        > P.s.
        > I have no problem with the basic theory of DSP such
        > as
        > FIR,IIR, Laplace, fourier, and Z- transform, my
        > problem is the advance mathematical topic needed to
        > understand the subject.

        > HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        > http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

        Yahoo! - We Remember