Open Job-Technical Architect /Video on Demand/San Jose

  • Yuvraj Khanna
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hello,

      Please read the job description very carefully . This is an exceptional opportunity and we can move on it very fast but you need to send us the best resume that can get you this job. My email address is raj@...

      This is the kind of market where your resume has to be a PERFECT FIT, or it WILL NOT WITHSTAND COMPETITION!

      In case you do not see yourself a fit but know people that would be great match for it you can refer them to us and if we place them we can give you a referral fee.

      IN BOTH CASES SPEED IS AN IMPERATIVE SO PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS MESSAGE.

      Lead System Architect

      Video on Demand

      Incumbent will be a lead system architect for an end-to-end client/server framework for enhanced content creation, distribution, and use. The end product is a system that integrates Video-On-Demand (VOD) and personal video recording (PVR) technologies to deliver content in innovative ways. Architectural tasks include prototyping/validation of the system architecture, identifying hardware and software components and defining their interfaces, defining component functionality, working with and identifying third party technology providers, and surveying off-the-shelf products to meet system requirements. Tasks require documentation, contributing to engineering analysis and design according to published schedules, technical interface with customers and occasional hands-on software development. Work is performed in a team environment, and requires the use of a software development life-cycle management system.

      Ideal candidate must possess Masters degree in CS and eight years minimum experience, or equivalent. Individual must have significant prior system architecture and development experience with client/server architectures relating to VOD and ideally PVR systems, ITV and/or set top boxes, and video and audio formats/tools. Demonstrated knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, 1394, 802.11, AV/C, and UPNP is preferred. Candidate should also have experience with various service delivery architectures and the interactive services architectures used by cable platforms. Ideal candidate has a working knowledge of Java, C++, J2EE, JSP, HTML/JavaScript, XML, EJB, CORBA, and SOAP software technologies.

      Raj Khanna

      raj@...

      SearchTech Solutions.