Quick response needed

  • Ramanand
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005
      Qn1.

      In a car, I am getting a signal with the RPM information and this is
      input to a DSP board with Fs=44.1kHz. I need to output a pulse every
      time there is a revolution.

      I tried this:

      Convert RPM to Rev Per Seconds. Eg.600 rpm = 10 rps.

      Then 44100 samples/sec divided by 10 rps = 4410 samples/rev.

      I tried implementing counter to count from 4410 to zero & then output
      a pulse. But its painful. Any other solutions??!!

      Q2.

      In a bass control in a stereo, when I LPF the music, boost/cut the
      amplitude thro an amplifier and add it back to the original signal,
      there're distortions. Any idea how to smooth them? Also, what kind of
      amplifier would I need to vary the gain to boost/cut amplitude
      without introducing any phase variations??

      Thanks a bunch in advance.