Running FIR and algorithms on TMS430 uC

  • Pranav
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi All,

      I am new to DSP; I am trying to find a cost effective solution.

      Can I run FIR filter and Autocorrelation algorithm on TI's TMS430xxx microcontroller? The signal I am going to process is 200 ~ 600 Hz.

      Regards,

      Pranav.

    • raghuram karthik
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        Why are choosing a MC instead of a DSP? I understand
        you have a low-frequency process, but a DSP is always
        best suited to filtering. They are pretty cheap as
        well...

        Curious to know why an MCU when TI is famous in fact
        for its DSP...

        Regards,
        Karthik

        P.S. I work for TI, BTW:-)

        --- Pranav <spranav@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I am new to DSP; I am trying to find a cost
        > effective solution.
        >
        > Can I run FIR filter and Autocorrelation algorithm
        > on TI's TMS430xxx microcontroller? The signal I am
        > going to process is 200 ~ 600 Hz.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Pranav.

        > removed]

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
      • Pranav
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
          I am looking at chip which is ultra low power and has ADC, DAC, ROM on board. TMS is a good candidate because it is ultra low power. Howerver you are right; I had spoken to TI technical expert and he suggested me to use DSP for filtering purpose. Can you please suggest which DSP chip is best match for such requirement?

          Also can you please tell me; from where can I get a circuit diagram for DSP chip and surrounding components required for any standard application?

          Regards,

          Pranav.

          __________________________________

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
            Looking at the frequency of operation, power should
            not be a major problem i guess... For this
            application, the TMS320C54x series should be good ...
            You can get the specs from www.ti.com . You can also
            look for application notes at the TI site opn how to
            use the same...

            Regards,
            Karthik

            Discover Yahoo!