hi i need info reg DSP COURSE

  • ashwini
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2005
      Hi all,

      I'm an ECE graduate from chennai ,interested in working with DSP.kindly
      let me know if there is a corporate training available for the same
      with placement facility.i've heard about cranes s/w int ltd in
      bangalore which trains professionals in embedded as well as DSP.

      i need to know if that is sufficient to get into companies which wrks
      with DSP .please clarify my doubts,i'm totally confused as to what i
      should do,whether to take up an embedded course r DSP based one.what
      ever be your suggestion kindly mail me the info regarding where the
      training is on par with industrial needs.

      Awaiting your mails,

      Ashwini
    • raghuram karthik
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2005
        Hi Ashwini,

        I'm a signal processing buff too. Am working with a
        DSP company in Bangalore currently. I have heard of
        Cranes software and its training is pretty effective.
        There are plenty of job opportunities in entry-level
        to medium level companies that recruit people and once
        you are ready, you can make a jump to a big one (if
        you may hav enot been lucky to get into one already
        that is). It better you get the fundamentals of DSP
        and EmSys in as this would be of great help to work on
        wireless platforms (like DSPs for Cell Phones and
        all).

        Some more details about your academic background and
        credentials might help...

        Regards,
        Karthik
        --- ashwini <ashwini182@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >

        > I'm an ECE graduate from chennai ,interested in
        > working with DSP.kindly
        > let me know if there is a corporate training
        > available for the same
        > with placement facility.i've heard about cranes s/w
        > int ltd in
        > bangalore which trains professionals in embedded as
        > well as DSP.
        >
        > i need to know if that is sufficient to get into
        > companies which wrks
        > with DSP .please clarify my doubts,i'm totally
        > confused as to what i
        > should do,whether to take up an embedded course r
        > DSP based one.what
        > ever be your suggestion kindly mail me the info
        > regarding where the
        > training is on par with industrial needs.
        >
        > Awaiting your mails,
        >
        > Ashwini

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Narayanaswamy M
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2005
          hi,
          Indian Institute of Science is conducting the DSP Proficience course.
          for more info.
          http://cce.iisc.ernet.in/

          write your queries to..

          Centre for Continuing Education,
          Indian Institute of Science,
          Bangalore 560 012, INDIA.
          Phone: 91 080 22932491
          Tele-Fax: 91 080 23600911
          E-mail: office@...

          Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
          Saturday: Holiday
          PROFICIENCE
          Centre for Continuing Education,
          Indian Institute of Science,
          Bangalore 560 012, INDIA.
          Phone: 91 080 23600104/ 22932508
          E-mail: prof@...

          Monday to Friday: 1200 to 1400 & 1440 to 1900
          Saturday: 1000 to 1230

          On 5/2/05, ashwini <ashwini182@...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >

          > I'm an ECE graduate from chennai ,interested in working with DSP.kindly
          > let me know if there is a corporate training available for the same
          > with placement facility.i've heard about cranes s/w int ltd in
          > bangalore which trains professionals in embedded as well as DSP.
          >
          > i need to know if that is sufficient to get into companies which wrks
          > with DSP .please clarify my doubts,i'm totally confused as to what i
          > should do,whether to take up an embedded course r DSP based one.what
          > ever be your suggestion kindly mail me the info regarding where the
          > training is on par with industrial needs.
          >
          > Awaiting your mails,
          >
          > Ashwini

        • Karthikeyan A R
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2005
            Hai!

            There is a training centre in the Electrical Engineering Department of IIT established by Analog Devices which runs training programme for about 15 days in the area of Digital Signal Processing.

            Visit http://analog.tenet.res.in/ for further details.

            regards,
            A R Karthikeyan

            ashwini <ashwini182@...> wrote:
            Hi all,

            I'm an ECE graduate from chennai ,interested in working with DSP.kindly
            let me know if there is a corporate training available for the same
            with placement facility.i've heard about cranes s/w int ltd in
            bangalore which trains professionals in embedded as well as DSP.

            i need to know if that is sufficient to get into companies which wrks
            with DSP .please clarify my doubts,i'm totally confused as to what i
            should do,whether to take up an embedded course r DSP based one.what
            ever be your suggestion kindly mail me the info regarding where the
            training is on par with industrial needs.

            Awaiting your mails,

            Ashwini

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • sucheth sl
            Message 5 of 10 , May 3, 2005
              Hai ashwini,
              yes cranes people will train u in Dsp but u wont get placement facelity as u will get in embedded field.i also did DSP course in cranes and after struggling for 1 year finally i am working in DSP field.u have to work hard.
              and if u join embedded field u can join some small company initially.

              ashwini <ashwini182@...> wrote:
              Hi all,

              I'm an ECE graduate from chennai ,interested in working with DSP.kindly
              let me know if there is a corporate training available for the same
              with placement facility.i've heard about cranes s/w int ltd in
              bangalore which trains professionals in embedded as well as DSP.

              i need to know if that is sufficient to get into companies which wrks
              with DSP .please clarify my doubts,i'm totally confused as to what i
              should do,whether to take up an embedded course r DSP based one.what
              ever be your suggestion kindly mail me the info regarding where the
              training is on par with industrial needs.

              Awaiting your mails,

              Ashwini

            • rpradeep82 ragu
              Message 6 of 10 , May 3, 2005
                yes CRANES provide training in DSP & RTOS(embededed systems)

                they have a very good reputation of placements,

                its in Domlur, B'lore.

                the cost if the course is 35,000/- & duration is for 6 months

              • Prasanna Marathe
                Message 7 of 10 , May 3, 2005
                  Hi Ahwini,
                  There is small firm in Pune working in video and image domain
                  It's name is Conquest Integrated Technologies Pvt. Ltd.(www.citilindia.com)
                  If you have some background knowldege of video, atlest DSP
                  you can apply here.
                  But you have to sign a bond for 3 years in this company.
                  With Regards,
                  Prasanna

                  --
                  Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere
                • Raghavendra Mahuli (RBIN/EDI3) *
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 3, 2005
                    Hai all,
                    I am a software professional with 2 yrs exp in the field of C++ on
                    Unix.....I am an ECE grad.....
                    I am lookin forward to work in DSP field... But i cant attend full-time
                    training programmes ...
                    So any advice u guys give will be of great help...

                    _____

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 5, 2005
                      Hi Chris,

                      I am a DSP Consultant / Corporate Trainer. I have a past experience of having taught DSP theory from basic courses such as Signals & Systems , DSP Processor Architecture to advanced topics such as Multirate Filter Theory, MPEG4 to Corporates / Students like you.

                      Currently I will be taking a 3 days seminar on MATLAB / SIMULINK / DSP TOOL BOX at Bangalore India.

                      In case you wish to attend the classroom seminar do let me know. Yes, I would be able to help you clarifying the DSP basics all what you have requested for.

                      Next month a course titled "TMS320C54x DSP Professional" will be offered to students due to the many requests i have received from student community to train them in order to give them a profssional touch. The "TMS320C54x DSP Professional" course offered by "DSP Learning Center" will aim at imparting exhaustive knowledge that is needed to professionaly qualify as a DSP Engineer.

                      Regards,
                      Ashish Soni
                      Bangalore, India
                      +91-9886165971

                      "Raghavendra Mahuli (RBIN/EDI3) *" <Raghavendra.MA@...> wrote:Hai all,

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 5, 2005
                        Hi Ragavendra,

                        IETE conducts short term course on DSP (sundays) every
                        now and then.i dont know about its worth. itz in
                        ganganagar.

                        <Raghavendra.MA@...> wrote:
                        > Hai all,
                        > I am a software professional with 2 yrs exp in the
                        > field of C++ on
                        > Unix.....I am an ECE grad.....
                        > I am lookin forward to work in DSP field... But i
                        > cant attend full-time
                        > training programmes ...
                        > So any advice u guys give will be of great help...
                        >

                        > _____

                        Yahoo! Mail