Re: [DSPEngineering] Question on sampling rate

  • mguo
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2004
      The only problem is when input is sine wave(delta
      function in frequency at fm in frequency domain) in
      which case the sample phase determines whether they
      add up constructive or destructively. In other cases
      should be ok.

      --- Tom P <dsp_learner@...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      >
      > As we know that for perfect reconstruction of any
      > signal, we should follow the Nyquist criteria i.e.
      >
      > fs>=2fm
      > where, fs= sampling frequency
      > fm= highest frequency of the signal
      > My question is :
      >
      > 1.What happens when the signal is sampled exactly at
      > twice fm i.e. when fs=2fm ?
      > 2. Is there any hidden concept involved in this case
      > ?
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      > Tom

      > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile
      > phone.
      > http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

      > --------------------~-->
      > Toolbar.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/26EolB/TM

      =====
      Regards,
      -Min

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Manika vasagam
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2004
        hello all .
        I am new member in this group .

        Ya U can sample even less than the sampling rate that process is called decimation .
        But U will have aliasing problem .
        SO u got a pass through a low pass filter first and then sample it ...
        the whole process is called decimation.
        U got a topic called multirate sampling which deals with decimation and interpolation.
        if there is any mistake please mail me
        so that i correct my concepts.
        thanks
        manik

        Tom P <dsp_learner@...> wrote:

        Hello All,

        As we know that for perfect reconstruction of any
        signal, we should follow the Nyquist criteria i.e.

        fs>=2fm
        where, fs= sampling frequency
        fm= highest frequency of the signal
        My question is :

        1.What happens when the signal is sampled exactly at
        twice fm i.e. when fs=2fm ?
        2. Is there any hidden concept involved in this case ?

        Thanks in advance
        Tom

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Gleason Chen
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2004
          Hi,

          Currently I am trying to turn on the case sensitivity in my Matlab Environment,
          but I forgot the Matlab command now. Is anyone remembered that Matlab command?
          I used it before, but I just can't remember now.

          Thanks,
          Gleason

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Dimitar Penev
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2004
            Hello Gleason,

            I am not sure if the matlab user has control over the
            case sensitivity. If you mean matlab R14 you maight
            check
            http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/rn.html

            There is section for case sensitivity. In release r14
            you can suppres several warnings about inexact match.

            Best Regards
            penev
            www.dsp-bg.info

            http://my.yahoo.com