Re: [Drive In Movie Madness] New Drive In in Wisconsin!

  • Charles Bruss
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2011
      This drive-in is going to be called the Chilton Twilight Outdoor.  I will find out more about this soon.  I have one source telling me that the screen is up but its in a parking lot.  So I hope this isn't one of those inflatable dealies.  I don't consider that a drive-in theater even if you put cars in front of it.  If it's a solid, normal drive-in screen and they make it look like a drive-in, then more power to you!  I am a traditionalist.

      Charles Bruss

      View my Wisconsin Drive-in Theater website at: www.drive-inthruwisconsin.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2011
        Ok, have some more info on this "new" drive-in.  Apparently, the screen is built into part of the building which used to be a Walmart.  Two guys bought the building 5 years ago.  Got permits back in May for the drive-in.  The old Walmart building will house the bathrooms and concessions stand.  Thought I haven't been there, this is just another quick drive-in set up and I will not give it full credit as being a drive-in.  Sorry folks.  I am glad that it brings attention to drive-in theaters, don't get me wrong, but I don't like how they went about it.  I do wish them well.  It opens this friday I guess.  One ironic thing about this is that Walmart is the one that usually buys up drive-ins and tears them down to build there superstores.  NOW, a drive-in theater takes the place of a now closed Walmart.  Now that is funny!