Drive-in theater lists

  • Charles Bruss
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2006
      Hey everyone,

      I will be posting this question to all the drive-in groups, sorry if you get duplicate emails. My question is:

      Are there any state by state listings of open drive-in theaters like the ones in the Motion Picture Almanacs that give the list by STATE, NAME, OWNER, CARS SIZE ETC. I am looking for the oldest list that has been published by Motion Picture Almanac, or Film Daily Yearbooks etc. for some research that I am doing. The oldest list I have is from the 1947-1948 International Motion Picture Almanac. It just lists the open drive-ins at the time state by state which is fine too. Does anyone know of any older lists that exist? 1946 or older? If so, can you send a scanned copy to my email or other arrangements that can be made. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks in advance,
      Charles Bruss

      View my Wisconsin Drive-in website at: www.drive-inthruwisconsin.com