Church services at Drive-ins

  • Charles Bruss
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      Hello everyone!

      While doing research for my book project on WI drive-ins, I came across some info on a local church service. The House of Prayer Lutheran Church held their Sunday services at the 41 Twin Outdoor in Franklin, WI in the late 1970's. At the time, the 41 was a two screen drive-in. In 1981, it went to four screens but by then the church services had stopped there. I know that a lot of churches held services at drive-ins all across the country at one time or another. What I was wondering is if anyone knew of more than one church using the same drive-in at the same time? Say a drive-in with two screens, did they have two different church groups using each of the different screens? (One church on screen #1 and a different church on screen #2). It just seemed like it would have been a great site to see a multi screen drive-in filled on Sunday mornings with church goers on different screens. I will post this message to all the drive-in groups. Maybe someone knows of this happening
      somewhere.

      Happy holidays!!!
      Charles Bruss

      View my Wisconsin Drive-in website at: www.drive-inthruwisconsin.com