Drive-ins in music videos

  • Charles Bruss
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2004
      Hello,

      This may have been brought up before, but I thought I would pass it on anyways. I was watching the music video that I just received of an 80's song/group called "The Hooters." The song was called, "And We Danced." It was filmed at a drive-in theater. (At least it appears to be a real drive-in). In the video, the guys stop and put 2 people in the trunk and then proceed to the Exton Drive-in Theater. At least that is what it says on the marquee. The movies showing were, Nervous night and Return of the Zombies. It showed a long line of cars going to the ticket booth. And the band performed the song in front of the screen.

      Another 80's video that shows a drive-in is "Summer of '69," by Bryan Adams. Bryan is painting a drive-in screen during the day but falls asleep and is waken by his girlfriend and the sound of honking horns as he is blocking the screen.

      And one last 80's video that I have noticed is Debbie Gibson's, "Shake Your Love." It was obviously a make shift drive-in filmed indoors. It shows a screen with something being played on it while Debbie sings her song among old cars and other dancers. Quite a site to see.

      Has anyone else noticed drive-ins being used in music videos? And does anyone know if the drive-in, Exton was a real drive-in theater used for the Hooters video? It sure looks like it was real. Where was it located etc.

      Thanks,
      Charles B.

      View my Wisconsin Drive-in website at: www.drive-inthruwisconsin.com

    • snider calvin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2004
        Hi Charles,
        I remember the videos you talking about. I know that in movie version of Grease they went to a Drive In. Does that count since they where singing?

        I have spoken often to my friends and family (till they are sick of hearing it) on how I believe that Drive Ins will make a comeback. Then in June I was in MI and saw a new or newer 3 screen drive in beside the Silver Dome. It was called the Silver Dome Drive In.
        Later Calvin Snider drive in lover!!

        Charles Bruss <chucksdrivein2003@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT