New to group

  • Jason Parham
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2004
      Hey guys, I'm Jason from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. i was wondering if
      anyone has been to the Drive-In in Argo, Alabama (right along US-11)
      and if so can give me a review on how it is. My dad and I just
      purchased a 1956 Ford Country Sedan station wagon and I'd like to
      take a date in it out to this theater, but was wondering if I could
      get a "heads up" on it ahead of time. I have also heard about one in
      Guin (or is it Gu-win?), Alabama too, but havent been there either.
      I remember a "dead" theater in Prattville, AL, called the "Pratt-
      Mont" but unfortunately it was torn down a couple of years ago to
      make way for a new alignment for US-82

      Also, if there is anyone out there that a list archiving old
      theaters (past and present), I would like to know any information
      you may have on the 3 theater that were once here in Tuscaloosa (I
      believe the names were The Dale, The Varsity, and The Skyline).

      Thanks,
      Jason
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2004
        --- In driveinmoviemadness@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Parham"
        <gmo1515@e...> wrote:
        > Hey guys, I'm Jason from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. i was wondering if
        > anyone has been to the Drive-In in Argo, Alabama (right along US-
        11)
        > and if so can give me a review on how it is. My dad and I just
        > purchased a 1956 Ford Country Sedan station wagon and I'd like to
        > take a date in it out to this theater, but was wondering if I could
        > get a "heads up" on it ahead of time. I have also heard about one
        in
        > Guin (or is it Gu-win?), Alabama too, but havent been there either.
        > I remember a "dead" theater in Prattville, AL, called the "Pratt-
        > Mont" but unfortunately it was torn down a couple of years ago to
        > make way for a new alignment for US-82
        >
        > Also, if there is anyone out there that a list archiving old
        > theaters (past and present), I would like to know any information
        > you may have on the 3 theater that were once here in Tuscaloosa (I
        > believe the names were The Dale, The Varsity, and The Skyline).
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jason

        Welcome Jason and I can't help you with any Alabama drive-in talk,
        but maybe one of the other members can.

        Also there is some drivein talk on at Joe Bob Briggs (the famed drive
        in movie critic) tightcircle, in case you want to check that out:

        http://www.tightcircle.com/joebob

        Have fun and enjoy the new wheels and your date to the drive-in.
      • shellwv@citlink.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2004
          has anyone heard what is coming out to the jungle drive in this weekend?
          i thought they would have posted it by now. thanks! shell